BHC

More BS From Murphy Towards State Workers

Posted (edited)

So Murphy is up to his BS once more.....Got this the other day but just read it, and then found out that a person I work with had put in for vacation time for the week of July 4th back in November to visit her parents in Tampa. She can go, but if she gets sick with the Covid19 she must use her own sick time, but if one gets sick inside NJ they are covered under the Covid19 guidelines, I guess the NJ's strain of Covid19 is different then the strain in other states.......Murphy as most of us know is a real POS.....It's all about keeping the vacation $$$$ here in NJ

image.thumb.png.5afd88f2f499bd19a40fc4fc1b923dcb.png

Edited by BHC

Hopefully, maybe, possibly, but I doubt it,  people not only in NJ but across the country will come to their senses and in November vote all of these imbecile's out of office and bring normalcy back to out towns, states and country. 

• Like 5

I had the virus and I'm also in the high risk group, the state understands that and those in high risk got to stay home with pay and no time taken away, cause they would be liable if I like others in high risk got sick with serious issues and/or death....But we are hearing Murphy is ending it this week, and if so I will go back to work but the Pandemic is as we all know is ongoing and growing in other states again.....but the state could careless....If it's true I will return back on Sunday and do my 15 months and retire

Lifes about choices, many people had vacations planned. Many had to cancel because they didn’t get paid to stay home, many lost jobs, businesses,etc. To complain that she may have to use some of her own time if she chooses to go is simply priceless

• Like 3

she is using her vacation time, to tell a person who put in vacation in November and tell them if they go on vacation and gets sick it's on them, but if they sick in NJ then they don't use their time the state will cover them....It doesn't matter what other people went thru as far as cancelling vacation time.....they have a choice to go or not.....their employer isn't acting as a dictatorship as NJ is ......So tell me, what's difference with the pandemic nationwide if your on vacation on the jersey shore or the florida shore?  110% nothing, the virus is the virus ....it's a matter of keeping the funds in NJ not in other states, 

3 minutes ago, BHC said:

....it's a matter of keeping the funds in NJ not in other states, 

That is probably the most ridiculous statement towards this subject you could have possibly made. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

That is probably the most ridiculous statement towards this subject you could have possibly made. 

so tell me what other reason would he do it? They never said for months all of sudden summer is here and then they come out with this policy, I work for the state I have seen them do things like this in the past.....Just like we can't move out of state while employed , they want to keep the tax dollars in NJ

that's like you having a hunt booked for a year, and your employer telling you NOPE YOU CAN'T GO

Edited by BHC

1 minute ago, BHC said:

so tell me what other reason would he do it? They never said for months all of sudden summer is here and then they come out with this policy

that's like you having a hunt booked for a year, and your employer telling you NOPE YOU CAN'T GO

Incorrect, no one is saying you can’t go out of state for anything. 

Just now, MGHunter66 said:

Incorrect, no one is saying you can’t go out of state for anything. 

Oh really....you work for the state?  No you don't you don't know how they are towards workers many things are never disclosed

So they tell the person on a planned vacation that if you go and get sick you're not covered under the covid19 policy, but if you get sick with the virus in NJ, NY, Conn or any state that isn't HOT then you're covered......NOPE YOU CAN'T GO is forcing the person to stay in NJ, they rather them spend vacation funds in NJ and not anywhere else......

I don’t see an issue here. The state should be covering employees who get   COVID when they are physically “working”or in the furtherance of their duties which they are. Why would the state have to pay/ cover free sick time for an employee who contracted the COVID while on a personal vacation!? No where near in the furtherance of their duties or on the job for that matter.  It was a personal choice. Would you expect to make a work mans comp claim if you sprained your ankle while on vacation? It’s the same thing . That’s just ridiculous and just another greedy govt employee that’s got to have it all.

I get what your saying about the in state thing, but in my view that’s makes no sense either? Why should you NOT  have to use your personal sick time from an incurred  injury/ illness while on a personal vacation? You should be happy they are even offering that in-state option. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1

3 minutes ago, BHC said:

Oh really....you work for the state?  No you don't you don't know how they are towards workers many things are never disclosed

So they tell the person on a planned vacation that if you go and get sick you're not covered under the covid19 policy, but if you get sick with the virus in NJ, NY, Conn or any state that isn't HOT then you're covered......NOPE YOU CAN'T GO is forcing the person to stay in NJ, they rather them spend vacation funds in NJ and not anywhere else......

Again incorrect in your assumptions. 

It makes total sense. It is for liability reasons specifically to save money. as a TAX PAYER I fully support this. Funny- you are probally against the affordable care act- arent you? Ill fill you in on the irony another time:nerd:

And before you ramble...I worked for the state, at the highest levels. This minor inconvenience is nothing from the major benefits one has. Step into the real world and see how it is. And yes, I had a vacation planned and a major issue happened and I was needed in DC...guess what- my employer said "see you in DC" and I lost 3 days of my vacation.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BHC said:

No one is saying you “can’t go”? The state  merely stating that if you go on an out of state vacation and contract COVID-19 , we will not provide you free sick time is not them canceling pre approved leave and saying you “can’t go” lol. Unless I’m completely misunderstanding this..... and yes before you call me out I work for the govt, just not the state of New Germany. So I know how the game is played....

Tell me BHC, does she have sick time banked or burn through it yearly?

• Haha 2

cause the fact is as far as my field, it's bad with many deaths....they can't determine if I got it from work or from shoprite, or from family/friends or whatever they must assume one got it from work cause how serious it is at work. but the point is,  telling a person after many months of dealing with the virus that if you go to a HOT STATE you're on you''re own, yet you should seek persmission first, it's no one's business to know where you go on vacation, it's time earned......why come up with this new policy in the middle of summer, but for months they didn't care where you traveled, that's dictating