Mink

Another Area Ruined !

I guess rule don't matter to some or maybe there just not enforced!

put on a fake uniform and run towards them yelling out "Departamento de Inmigración !!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

The problem is real. There was a problem here that got so bad the township had to make laws and the police had to come in and put a stop to it. Can't blame people for wanting to cool off, but they are like rats coming out of the sewers for fresh air. They overrun the environment polluting it with the dirty diapers and the trash they leave behind.

Some places post signs but spots get mobbed with people anyway. Don't know if the authorities are enforcing the rules or not.

Edited by _X7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BHC said:

put on a fake uniform and run towards them yelling out "Departamento de Inmigración !!!!"

Of course someone has to make it a racial thing.... I must have missed the part in the video where they were asked to prove their citizenship...

This is an issue in so many places. high school kids, families, white, black, brown, you name it. 

Honest question for those who know this area- why dont the cops come down and enforce the laws? I know in my old town- we had a problem like this on the delaware- cops would drop in few times a day and write insane amount of tickets- took care of the issues. 

• Disagree 4

28 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

Of course someone has to make it a racial thing.... I must have missed the part in the video where they were asked to prove their citizenship...

This is an issue in so many places. high school kids, families, white, black, brown, you name it. 

Honest question for those who know this area- why dont the cops come down and enforce the laws? I know in my old town- we had a problem like this on the delaware- cops would drop in few times a day and write insane amount of tickets- took care of the issues. 

You still don't know the meaning of the word "Racial" :shock:?

• Agree 3

These things are hard to control as I found out a few years ago when the weekend party crowd began overrunning the Musconetcong River in public access spots, BBQing, crapping in the woods next to the river, tossing trash everywhere, drinking, etc. and often on town owned or WMA lands where all those things are against the law.  Turns out there are websites that direct people to various swimming holes that can really bring in a ton of people each weekend.  It wasn't until the local LEOs, Hunterdon Park Rangers and Division COs began writing tickets like mad and several arrests were made (for outstanding warrants mostly) that it all stopped.  But all that means is it shifted somewhere else.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Small area no big deal if they behaved. I watched south of the boarder immigrants in my back yard and it is hard to believe people can behave this way. They leave behind garbage all over the place while big garbage cans are provided by the Twp and the next day they come back and sit and play in the middle of it

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 2

They don't care about the river or the land around it because they take no ownership in it ! After they destroy one area they will just move on to another area and destroy that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

You still don't know the meaning of the word "Racial" :shock:?

Like clockwork...

Seeing a video of Spanish people and assuming they are illegals.... You really going to fall on that sword and claim that is appropriate? 

I mean I dont remember a comment about citizenship coming up when the issue of dirt bikers and ATVs destroying our wmas.....

Edited by Hawkeye57
  • Disagree 2

There is one nationality of people the caused the closure of Penwell Mills rope swing, only one

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

1 minute ago, Roon said:

There is one nationality of people the caused the closure of Penwell Mills rope swing, only one

Yes, and we were able to reach out to the Hispanic community and get word out that they couldn't overrun public lands where cooking, defecating, drinking, and littering were all illegal and violators would be prosecuted.  

• Winner 1

As I posted on another site about this picture, this is in the area I grew up. People occasionally swam in the river, as I did when young in a spot in South Branch. It was all local kids, no trash, just a place to cool off. As population grows and the limited places to take your family on a hot day, this is going to happen without enforcement. Best reason for gating off the road through the Gorge, was to end the picnicking and swimming. If you think this is bad, take a ride this weekend upstream to North Branch. The parking lot by the bridge on 28 will have 50 cars and people barbecuing,  river filled with swimmers and a mountain of trash left for the local people to cart away. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I went kayaking yesterday on the South Branch, Three Bridges in Hunterdon looks no better, loud music,swimming and overcrowding with a park ranger sitting back by  no swimming signs in spanish and english and watching the whole show...wtf

Edited by bucky
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jerzguy2 said:

As I posted on another site about this picture, this is in the area I grew up. People occasionally swam in the river, as I did when young in a spot in South Branch. It was all local kids, no trash, just a place to cool off. As population grows and the limited places to take your family on a hot day, this is going to happen without enforcement. Best reason for gating off the road through the Gorge, was to end the picnicking and swimming. If you think this is bad, take a ride this weekend upstream to North Branch. The parking lot by the bridge on 28 will have 50 cars and people barbecuing,  river filled with swimmers and a mountain of trash left for the local people to cart away. 

I agree it's going to be a rough summer for some of these places.  State Parks like Hopatcong are always full by sunup on a hot, summer weekend.  But with Covid and less people allowed in the park each day, they will simply flee the cities and camp out on other rivers and lakes until they are chased off again.  

• Like 1

This is just a tiny part of the text that is written under the video...

"Park rangers have now been instructed to not go there for safety reasons (some things were being said in Spanish while they were there to the effect of "we should just throw them [rangers] in the water and end this now")."

• Like 1