smittty

No fawns

Cams been out four weeks today five or six different doe”s five or six different young bucks and zero fawns. I’m thinking yotes. Never experienced this before anyone else

I got my first fawn on camera this past week

I got a bunch of pics of fawns and there are plenty of yotes, bobcats and bears. But I’m sure they get some . 

7281C628-77EC-4E85-8FE4-F9A51E63B082.jpeg

3FC4E273-525C-4428-BF11-681359672EBE.jpeg

E2EECA6C-C925-4F14-BB55-DB05ED82962E.jpeg

• Like 1

I got bears, coyotes and bobcat on camera, the fawns will show up when mama wants them too

I always have tones of goes on mineral without fawns. They are left behind not always in tow. They also maybe just outside of you tiny camera world 

• Like 1

Tons of fawns this year. They are out and about. 

I had 9 fawns in the yard a few nights ago. 

I had very few fawns last year and tons of foxes. 

I cleaned house on the foxes and now fawns every where. Its the most Ive seen since I bought the property 5 years ago. Maybe coincidence?

20200623_195242.thumb.jpg.c17948874f94c7eae217372f69582d24.jpg

• Like 8

I’ve been seeing fawn every day but it’s a little early to see them totally active. Been seeing does crossing roads mid day. They aren’t doing that cause they want to. They’re going between fawns to nurse. 
This weekend at a field trial I was working we had fawns jumping up in front of us, in between us, between the dogs, etc bet we saw 6-8 on the worst day. (3 day trial) Yesterday was just insane with em. 
It’s somewhat of an area so it wasn’t the same 2 fawn either. I’d say just give it time. They drop fawns May/June often. The later ones are still laying low. Ones I saw were mostly catchable if you wanted them so they weren’t eager to go anywhere 

Worry when you don't see the doe. Coyotes and fox, as well as bears will kill fawns when the opportunity is there, but its all part of the chain. Fortunately, they don't get them all. Mother nature don't allow it.

• Winner 1

2 hours ago, electric10162 said:

I get pictures of fawns everyday. Lots of twins this year.

Im seeing twins also. I saw triplets in the field next to me yesterday

• Like 2

Seeing singles by me so far each doe has one. But that will change there's a good number of deer by the house.  I will be watching and checking cams.