IGNORED

Yamaha outboard mechanic help

jhrebs

18 minutes ago, jhrebs said:

4 stroke. 2006 Yamaha I am cleaning the VST tomorrow. Last time this happened exactly it was fuel injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change the VST and also the F filter right before VST canister. 

1 hour ago, _X7 said:

Ron Zystocki, the head outboard maintenance man at Yamaha  swears by the benefits of Ring Free for all motors. He did me a solid by helping me get my 21 year old Mercury 2 stroke back on the water. The stuff is golden as it is engineered like no other additive out there. When I'm able to get the boat back on the water its first tank is going to get the treatment. Its not cheap but the benefits outweigh the cost according to Ron.

I hope that is all your power plant needs.

image.png.b617b40c3785963d7b4bc1dc1d349b87.png

I have been running the stuff for years and try to push it as much as I can to guys with fuel issues and engines running rough. Like you said it’s not cheap but you gotta pay to play especially with this ethanol crap. 

There is also a filter inside the clear plastic bowl mounted on motor and you should have a remote water separator filter 10 micron. 

I know of the screen in the VST. I know of the in-line fuel filter, small cylindrical screen in the clear canister on the side of the motor and an additional fuel/water separator inline before the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you change your VST filter or just clean it? What about gasket on VST tank? When you did the filter in plastic cup was O ring in place? Could have a vacuum leak. What about primer bulb how is that? Once all filters are changed I would hook up a 5-10 gallon remote gas tank with fresh gas and see if any changes. Also low pressure fuel pumps could be another place to check. 

5 minutes ago, Booner said:

If you guys looking for ring free, the cheapest place I found is Domo.com. 

I purchase in bulk, and use ring free quite a bit. 

Domo.com is a business cloud???