IGNORED

Killer Instinct SWAT XP

The Field Archer

Brown truck came today, only got several shots through it and... The loading system, simple!  Awesome balance and feel... Fast... And the trigger put a smile on my face! GAME CHANGER!

SPEED - 415 Feet Per Second

KINETIC ENERGY - 153-FT-LB

TRIGGER - 3-LB 

WIDTH - 9.125" Cocked//14.125" Uncocked

LENGTH - 27"

WEIGHT - 7.2-LB

DRAW WT - 200-LB

POWER STROKE - 16.25

CAMO - True Timber Strata

1480256984_Swat1.jpg.4dcde1d0e9cb4677703c913cd06e2f4b.jpg

1908066691_Swat4.jpg.8b938f0e5fc12370bb79025bd9eb44c9.jpg

Only downside I read about it was that there isn't any lighted nocks for it as of yet either from the KI or aftermarket...But in time I'm sure there will be, being this is such a new model

Edited by BHC

Speed was right there:

882635771_SWAT2.thumb.jpg.e430172415c46ee851982420c9e980e4.jpg

Weighed in as advertised

653610098_SWAT3.thumb.jpg.0fe9fd4628f0b67003a1f83ae252b212.jpg

Trigger is total sniper! Just like the TriggerTech I had in my Machine! SWEEEEET! 

1706320387_SWAT1.thumb.jpg.ebc23ac2bda7a0eaf5155d0c046af8b1.jpg

The string serving shifted where it clamps and the nock sits, cams can be locked out and the serving moved to fill the void, may need to reserve.

1315871628_SWAT5.jpg.025034a0cdd95aa8e2595e1e026596d6.jpg

1034580573_SWAT7.jpg.a8309ec248fbbd72660e96ff98dfdab8.jpg

On 6/26/2020 at 3:49 PM, BHC said:

Ouch

I have 1 of the 5 production models sent out for testing, no big deal, serving, string and cables is now being addressed before bows are sent to dealers. These extreme narrow bows have a lot of stress on the string, the Nemesis had the same issues.

On 6/26/2020 at 4:00 PM, hammer4reel said:

My furious 9.5 trigger is under 3 pounds , but after shooting the killer tech on The furious 370 I think 3 pounds sucks .

asked them could I retrofit a KT trigger into the 9.5 they said it wouldn’t work 

The TriggerTech in the Furious 370 FRT and Machine were awesome! 

I hope they find the cause/fix for this......This was one I've been eyeballing, without breaking the bank. I don't understand how these narrow crossbows from one maker doesn't have issues like this yet another does....or maybe I just haven't seen or read about others.

Crossbownation.com "SEW" has this one and testing it, so far no issues from what he has reported 

1 hour ago, BHC said:

I hope they find the cause/fix for this......This was one I've been eyeballing, without breaking the bank. I don't understand how these narrow crossbows from one maker doesn't have issues like this yet another does....or maybe I just haven't seen or read about others.

Crossbownation.com "SEW" has this one and testing it, so far no issues from what he has reported 

Like I said, not a big deal... Ravin, TenPoint and Scorpyd had the same issues. When it comes to the archery industry as a whole, some archers will get aftermarket string and cables on their brand new vertical bow! Aftermarket string manufacturers are known for lasting longer and increasing speed, they are not pumping them out to fill a bulk order... Some custom string manufacturers are known for having the best string/cables for a given bow model, searching the forums will lead to the best for a particular model... Example, Ravin's best aftermarket string and cables are from the Archery Shack and Gas... Have a Scorpyd Deathstalker, you go to America's Best!

And I was just talking to Steve yesterday (SEW), he is having the same issues and the remedy is on the way already! They may also go to thinner string and cables.

And if this bow is on your radar, don't hesitate because they are going to go fast and even if you had to order aftermarket string and cables, KI under-priced this bow and I bet after the 1st round of stock is gone, when people realize how nice this bow is, price is going up!   

1 minute ago, The Field Archer said:

Like I said, not a big deal... Ravin, TenPoint and Scorpyd had the same issues. When it comes to the archery industry as a whole, some archers will get aftermarket string and cables on their brand new vertical bow! Aftermarket string manufacturers are known for lasting longer and increasing speed, they are not pumping them out to fill a bulk order... Some custom string manufacturers are known for having the best string/cables for a given bow model, searching the forums will lead to the best for a particular model... Example, Ravin's best aftermarket string and cables are from the Archery Shack and Gas... Have a Scorpyd Deathstalker, you go to America's Best!

And I was just talking to Steve yesterday (SEW), he is having the same issues and the remedy is on the way already! They may also go to thinner string and cables.

And if this bow is on your radar, don't hesitate because they are going to go fast and even if you had to order aftermarket string and cables, KI under-priced this bow and I bet after the 1st round of stock is gone, when people realize how nice this bow is, price is going up!   

I understand about the custom strings...I noticed a difference form hunting with a compound for 40 years that when I replace the string with a custom string made by Robert from Targeteers  by bows seem better/faster...maybe that's me or actually what I'm seeing is in fact a improvement 

3 minutes ago, BHC said:

I understand about the custom strings...I noticed a difference form hunting with a compound for 40 years that when I replace the string with a custom string made by Robert from Targeteers  by bows seem better/faster...maybe that's me or actually what I'm seeing is in fact a improvement 

Depending on what bow you had, some bow manufacturers slap garbage on their bows, they seem to stretch forever! All in the material and you get what you pay for... Good read: https://gasbowstrings.com/purchasing-a-new-set-of-bowstrings/#more-630 

11 minutes ago, BHC said:

Mathews and I was never a fan of the zebra string

Back in December I went to America's Best string for my Deathstalker because of the serving issues with the stock DS string. One of the best bows on the market, I wasn't going to let a string serving issue prevent me from buying the bow, especially when AB had the answer to the problem for under $70

36 minutes ago, The Field Archer said:

Can you suggest an aftermarket string for a Tenpoint Stealth NXT ?