IGNORED

Recommendations on range finder

ThatsABingo

I always found it cumbersome switching between my binos and my rangefinder.  So last year I bit the bullet and got a set of Sig Sauer Kilo3000BDX rangefinding binos when Amazon had them on sale.  They are fast, clear, and oh so convenient.  My previous rangefinder was one of the Leupold TBR models.  It was pretty good for what it was. One of my gripes with any of the one-hand models is the small lenses.  I can never seem to find anything in them.  Not enough light gets in.  Also,  it is hard to keep the reticle trained on anything when holding it with one hand.  I can't keep the darn thing steady enough.  Scan mode helps a lot with that though.  I once bought a unit without scan mode.  I used it for a day before sending it back.  It was useless.

1 hour ago, Gman said:

They have an 8X36, I like the ability for one handed use, it's $99 on amazon, they have an 8x25 thats around $50.  I absolutely love mine, I have 3 pairs of binoculars, I always take the monocular. 

Having a rangefinder for bow hunting that would work as a monocular would be great but I can't seem to find what you are talking about. I would rather use a monocular than binos.