IGNORED

Ford revamping the Bronco?

madeinuk

1 hour ago, hvnj said:

I was waiting for the new Bronco’s release for the last 3-4 years to replace my 06 explorer.  Got tired of waiting and decided I wanted a pick up instead.  Ended up getting a 2019 Ranger.  So far I’m happy with it.  It’s enough truck for what I need and a lot easier to throw my buck in last year than the explorer.  

It’s easier on explorer if equipment with hitch carrier 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 9:07 PM, hammer4reel said:

looks more like a Bronco 2 mixed with an International scout

2021-ford-bronco-2-door.jpg

WOW NICE RIDE and it does look like a scout/bronco 2 hybrid

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

looks more like a Bronco 2 mixed with an International scout
2021-ford-bronco-2-door.thumb.jpg.6681a276c59db028c5e6a99460b25914.jpg

It definitely has more International Scout looks than Bronco. Either way though I do like the look. I just wish it had the 5.0 engine and not these little v6’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

On 6/22/2020 at 9:01 PM, 230jhp said:

I had an'88 Bronco II in the early'90's. It was the worst lemon I ever had

Some of the problems:

1- Instead of U-joints on the drive shaft there were CV joints at both ends. The rear CV joint broke.  The price for a replacement CV joint drive shaft was astronomical. I replaced with an aftermarket U-joint drive shaft fabricated by a company that was in the 4WD lift kit business.

2- The back of the drivers seat broke. That is the internal framework of the seat broke in half. I had to prop it up with junk in the back seat.

3- If I turned on the heat it smelled like something urinated on the heater core.

4-The vehicle was only 4years old and I had to recharge the air-conditioning with R-12. ( BTW I still have a 50 pound bottle of R-12 if anyone can use it)

5- The wheel wells were such that to put tires larger than R218-15 it was necessary to install a lift kit. With the small tires I got stuck in the snow often.

6- In four wheel drive in the snow the rear wheels sometimes would lock up as if the parking brake was on. The front wheels would pull the vehicle and the rear wheels would drag.

7- I had an accident that damaged the front suspension. I got it fixed, but after that the front tires kept wearing out fast. I took it back to the place that did the repairs and several other places,no one could adjust the camber properly.

I dumped the Bronco at one of those Car-Cash places after about 2years of problems.

With all that being said I bought a brand new Ranger in 2002. It was the best truck I ever had. I kept it for 12 years. The only reason I traded it in for my Ram is the hyway milage on the Ranger with a 4.11 rear is bad. I need to drive to Illinois several times a year. With the Ram I get 20+MPG on hyway trips.

They’ll flop with this one as they did with the Ranger. FJ cruiser flopped as well with Toyota. 

They should keep the thinking process based of the old school design with today’s technologies. 

If you look at the F150 design, it has changed minimally and they keep increasing sales year over year. Same with GM..  New Bronco is ugly as good dump if you ask me..

Never liked the look, and still don't.  Chevy blazers either.   Only thing that changed since then is I won't give ford another dime.  Like said, don't buy the first year model, especially with fords trial and error engineering and cutting back on parts to save a buck.  

Edited by Greybeard

9 hours ago, MPSR said:

... They should keep the thinking process based of the old school design with today’s technologies. ...

That was my thinking, too.  But, I read that their number crunchers, looking at it for many years, determined that such a truck would not even reach the break-even point for Ford. 

Seems like Ford is aiming at Jeep's market share with these new Broncos.