IGNORED

Good tie for circle hooks

hammer4reel

Interesting - I like how he explained the benefits of that knot at the end.

re: circle hooks --- what's the regulations in New Jersey now? I think I remember something about requiring circle hooks (I don't remember under which circumstances though), but do the eyes need to be non-offset?

2 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Interesting - I like how he explained the benefits of that knot at the end.

re: circle hooks --- what's the regulations in New Jersey now? I think I remember something about requiring circle hooks (I don't remember under which circumstances though), but do the eyes need to be non-offset?

I think next year, will be mandatory for BAIT fishing for STRIPED BASS. 

So many ways to snell a hook and I probably have a mild dyslexia because I watch the video and it looks so easy then I seem to do it backward.. .lol

I think I can handle this one I will go practice

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

4 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I think next year, will be mandatory for BAIT fishing for STRIPED BASS. 

So many ways to snell a hook and I probably have a mild dyslexia because I watch the video and it looks so easy then I seem to do it backward.. .lol

I think I can handle this one I will go practice

I hope not but they should outlaw snag and drop and treble hooks while fishing with bait, catching bait is fine:up:

Edited by bucky

2 minutes ago, bucky said:

I hope not but they should outlaw snag and drop and treble hooks while fishing with bait, catching bait is fine:up:

agree but sometimes the bass don't give you the chance to get the bait in the livewell!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

It happens, I use a pretty hefty rod for snagging so they get  crranked in pretty fast:up: I see some guys out there fighting bunker like they're reeling in a trout..haha  If a bass swallows a treble its chances of survival are slim and none:down:

I like it !!

I have been using circle hooks for a really long time and always snelled them but this takes it to another level. By snelling the hook its is also a direct pull on hook set.

Thanks for posting

4 hours ago, bucky said:

It happens, I use a pretty hefty rod for snagging so they get  crranked in pretty fast:up: I see some guys out there fighting bunker like they're reeling in a trout..haha  If a bass swallows a treble its chances of survival are slim and none:down:

I used to think that . But no longer agree with that thinking .

when bass are caught correctly using snag and drop and hooked as they eat the bait their is minimal injury to the bass .

the three hooks don’t penetrate as deep and hook removal is even easier than a deep hooked j hook .

many times the landed bass all it takes is a slight push and the treble comes right out .

I don’t freespool snagged baits  like I do liveliness gaits letting the fish run .

snag bait the reel is closed and the hook set as soon as the fish strikes .

def prevents deep hooked fish .

i actually think lure trebles rip a fishes moth worse than snagged bunker do just because of where they get hooked in their mouths 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I agree with you IF its hooked in the jaw or roof of the mouth, but I'm talking about when the treble is swallowed and pins the throat closed, you will not get it out, even if you cut the line its a dead fish. At least with j-hooks if you cut the line they have a way better survival rate. 

snag bait the reel is closed and the hook set as soon as the fish strikes .

def prevents deep hooked fish

Experienced guys know the drill but most people don't