supr78nova

Spruce Run Reservoir fishing

Anybody been to spruce run lately? Is the boat launch open at night? Is there still an algae bloom going on there?

I was thinking of trying for hybrids this weekend, but didn't want to get all the way there to find out you can't launch a boat or fishing is off limits or some other bs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I went by there last weekend, there are still signs for the H.A.B. and depending on what time you get there you may have to pay a fee to get in.

I went by there last weekend, there are still signs for the H.A.B. and depending on what time you get there you may have to pay a fee to get in.
Is the boat launch still open at night after the park closes or do they have new rules with covid?

Posted (edited)

I've called Spruce Run within the past 2 weeks.  The algae bloom never left; I guess the winter wasn't cold enough to kill it off.  I don't know about you but I wouldn't go there and fish.

David

Edited by yoda4x4

I've called Spruce Run within the past 2 weeks.  The algae bloom never left; I guess the winter wasn't cold enough to kill it off.  I don't know about you but I wouldn't go there and fish.
David
That really sucks. Par for the course this year I guess