IGNORED

SpyPoint's Cell Link...

BHC

47 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Looks good. I guess the cable can be crimped like that when the hatch door on the camera closes and it still works. Let us know how it goes.

I'm curious what kind of anti-theft features they have... if this thing gets stolen, is there a way to track it (like "Find my iPhone" or something). I don't know if the thing has a GPS in it, but at least there should be a way to track it or disable it in case of theft.

For $60.00 it can't have everything...just placed the order with B&H Photo....if it works great, if not oh well

I have a bunch of different brand cameras but I like to run my Wildgame Innovations Shadow Micro because of its size and the mount it’s got so that I can mount it up high very easy. I just used the SpyPoint chat and was told that the Wildgame Innovations Shadow Micro is compatible. I’m gunna order it and try it out. The person on the chat said by the end of this week they will have a list available that will have all of the compatible cameras for it. 

6 minutes ago, BHC said:

speed is good enough? I have no idea what speed means

I just learned about this in the past year because Tactacam cameras require specific speeds, and if you don't get the right ones, it won't work.

Speed determines how fast data can be written to the card. This is especially important for video because if a camera streams high-resolution video faster than the card can write the data, you'll get problems (loss of data - the card can't keep up storing the amount of data coming in).

This is less of a problem with pictures because you aren't writing picture after picture second after second. Trail cameras normally take a picture every 30 seconds or minute, so I have to believe any one you get should be good enough for that application. But for Tactacams and GoPros, you have to be careful what you buy. Normally, if a camera requires a specific speed, it will say so in the specs.

Edited by mazzgolf

Per Spypoint my camera Moultrie 888i will not work:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Spypoint.

As per your requested camera model  Moultrie 888i it is not compatible with the cell-link but some models are compatible with cell link such as M-8000, P-120i, M-40, M-50i & MCG-13200,
The Bushnell Core cameras are compatible but selected models such as Core DS 8MP, Trophy Cam & Impulse.
Stealth Cam G45NG Max, camera is compatible

If you still have any issue please feel free to contact us.

Thanks & regards,
Spypoint Customer Support

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, smittty said:

That’s not want I want to hear I have my mind made up on buying two of the new solar micro”s they say they’ll be shipping by the end of the month 

The solar micro is the way to go .

not all camera software , nor input wiring are the same .

micros were shipped this week , so vendors should soon be shipping them 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

9 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

The solar micro is the way to go .

not all camera software , nor input wiring are the same .

micros were shipped this week , so vendors should soon be shipping them 

Sounds good dan. I’m going back too work it’s been over a year so anyway I’m hoping on setting and forgetting. Will see how they work