IGNORED

Cape cod canal closed

Scotty155

Yup. Saw that news!

We vacation the Cape every July for the past 16 yrs.

I found their canal stiper blitz very interesting....basically Jersey opening day trout....shoulder to shoulder....casting plugs w 6-9 hooks on em....for giant 40-50 lb stripers blowing up on mackerel n bunker amongst dolphins n sharks doing the same....guys were mostly amicable, but I've seen some arguments. 

And....how they allowed "commercial " days on the canal striper blitz....for guys with the permit.....you would see guys with bikes fitted with baskets and gear, and 2 giant stripers packed into rear baskets....they would sell em to fish trucks set up to buy em for restaurants for as much as $100/fish!

Guess the unruly behavior is everywhere this year, and officials were tired of it. 

Its good recreational guys can still fish the canal!!

Be up there in a month & will post a report!!

2 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Yup. Saw that news!

We vacation the Cape every July for the past 16 yrs.

I found their canal stiper blitz very interesting....basically Jersey opening day trout....shoulder to shoulder....casting plugs w 6-9 hooks on em....for giant 40-50 lb stripers blowing up on mackerel n bunker amongst dolphins n sharks doing the same....guys were mostly amicable, but I've seen some arguments. 

And....how they allowed "commercial " days on the canal striper blitz....for guys with the permit.....you would see guys with bikes fitted with baskets and gear, and 2 giant stripers packed into rear baskets....they would sell em to fish trucks set up to buy em for restaurants for as much as $100/fish!

Guess the unruly behavior is everywhere this year, and officials were tired of it. 

Its good recreational guys can still fish the canal!!

Be up there in a month & will post a report!!

I assume commercial guys are guys with rod and real and some kind of permit to sell teir catch?

I walked the canal this past weekend and it was filthy.  Of course the garbage cans were not emptied and toilets were closed. Still no excuse.  A lot of people have a pent up energy and need to get out.  I fish from the shore and try to stay away from the crowds.  Sometimes It gets like the Salmon River on Columbus Day.