IGNORED

Anyone Ever Use These Deer Scents From These Two Companies??

BHC

I will say the only two deer scents I've had luck with was Buck Fever Scent, using it many years ago, but then the original owner sold and with the new owner it was hard to find, and never had luck until I started using the scents from Joe (PaLawman) but he's out of deer scent business and he's enjoying retirement in Central PA we speak often. This morning Joe and I are BSing thru texting and I asked him if he heard of:  https://www.teaserdeerscents.com/ and he knows the guy 20 miles from him, he said quality, fresh scents....But like I said I had luck with:  https://www.buckfeverusa.com/  the synthetic scent has great shelf life, and once you put it out and it dries it reactivates when it rains, I use to use it in a scent dripper over scrapes 

Just curious if anyone tried any of these scents from either one or both as of recent few years?

Edited by BHC

My opinion on scent is it does not work enough vs the negative or no reaction to do it. I tried them all and I see deer spooked by it or walk within few feet of it and not even react. My theory is deer sense of smell is so good you can not trick it to unnatural smell 

I agree with you somewhat, these are the only two scents I used in 40 years that worked.....everytime I used them deer came in calm, curious ....other scents like TINKS 69 and other mass made scents the deer either came in nervous or spooked.....

I want to open the scrape up in September and see what shows up

The only thing I ever attracted with deer lure are BB's and Spikes.Scares Does sometimes,If there  not ready to breed they don't want to be near any Doe that is.

I have had very good results with EverCalm.:up:

I never had any success that I can attribute to deer scents/lures. Think about it, if you are in an area that has any amount of deer, they are leaving  scent all over all the time.  What makes you think they will be attracted to a few drops of yours? I think scents are mostly a gimmick. 

But almost every year I get sucked into buying them. LOL

Edited by archer36

Just pee in scrapes and that's all the scent you'll ever need.  Seems any animals that pee in a deer scrape attracts deer to at least stop and sniff it out.  

I also see an end to deer-based lures due to the spread of CWD.  Artificial scents will take over there for that reason.  But I find them mostly a gimmick that I still sometimes fall for.  

https://www.immaready.com/store.html

I have used this guy from PA only 3miles from my house for the last 4 years. Had great success! All fresh stuff.

Killed two bucks one that scored around 110 inches in 2017 and last Nov. A huge  154 inch monster that ran into the scent.  All on public land.  I have had a lot of success with deer lure. Both deer I would not have seen if the lure did not pull them in.  I dont use scent until Halloween week.  Before that I use nothing.  When I was younger had a friend that use to cut the tail off of doe road kills in Nov.  Very effective and cheap! Just my 2 scents....haha!