IGNORED

Shoutout to Shannon’s Fly Shop and Bucksnbows

MikeStaten

Just started trying to get back into freshwater fly fishing after taking about 15 years off.   Stopped by Shannon’s a few times to pick up some gear and have to say that everyone I’ve dealt with has been really nice and helpful and never tried to push me to spend a lot or buy stuff I don’t need.   If anything they’ve steered me toward more reasonably priced gear.    Their prices are the same or better than you find online which I was really surprised to see.   I assumed I’d be paying a premium price for their local service and advice but the prices were good.  

Also a shoutout to bucksnbows as he has been answering a ton of questions I’ve been asking him.  The whole process from selecting the new kinds of gear to getting the technique down has been humbling to say the least so nice to have people willing to help out.   

great fly shop and people. i bought many set ups from there. each time they take me across the street to the post office to let me try out a few rods. also give you pointers on your casting. check out their website too. i think they still have tying lessons on sat or sun mornings 

This year with my main fishing spots closed during shutdown I have fly fished for trout locally more than ever. BnB’s insight led me to many kick ass days. A couple days killing fish on sulpher emergers fished on top hooked me again. Glad to see others getting back into it

AWM