IGNORED

How do you like your Backstrap?

Cousin Brown

There are so many ways to prepare this wonderful cut. What is your favorite?

I got to say , one of my favorites is still one of the easiest recipes....Marinated in Zesty Italian Dressing then grilled.

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

I like to slice mine paper thin and fry it quickly with salt, pepper, garlic and butter. Put on a roll with some cheese and sautéed onions and then under the broiler for a minute or two to the cheese. Venison steak sammiches! Mmmmmm

1st way: When we are at camp we generally cut the backstraps out of the first deer we kill. Then we slice it into 1/4 in. pieces dip it drawn butter, sprinkle with blackening seasoning, give it a quick sear in a cast iron skillet. this should never be done inside for obvious reasons.

2nd way: Cut into nice sized medallions salt and pepper to taste and sear on all side finish off in the oven and rest on a bed of sauteed onions and baby bellas deglased with some Marsala wine.

I cut them into butterfly pieces, marinate them is italian salad dressing for a couple hours then cook them on the barbeque grill leaving them a little red inside. Garnish them with some barbeque onions and emmmm good. :cheers:

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL