IGNORED

5/28/20 - 2019-2020 Deer Harvest Summaries

I'll add these to my spreadsheet that I've been keeping - graphing the numbers. I'll see how they compare to past years. For the current spreadsheet, if interested, see:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y02dGYQ2kwoQ5pjVUAE_0cnpVNXbJ3zQoalwoJRnIes/edit?usp=sharing

I'll update that tonight with this past season's numbers. I have numbers going back to 2014, broken down into zones and seasons as well as years.

image.png.c59981697fcfb2bfc1743883edd93cca.png

I put last 7 years of my two zones 2 & 5 together...   pretty consistent, and 2015 was the year of acorn-acopia and the deer just didn't move much.  2014 was a big year for overall numbers

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Playing devils advocate but does seeing 100 plus deer a sit mean a healthy herd,  no does big bucks mean a healthy herd no.  What I can say from experience is this.  When I was younger shooting a bug doe here in the pines was 80 to 90 lbs now in those same spots 110 to 120 not uncommon.  There. Is more lower browse than years ago, do I think the state does every thing right no thers room for improvement,  also an observation the zones with very liberal bag limits are the ones being built up those with 1 or 2 deer limit have plenty of big forest and wma.

10 hours ago, No Does Only Bucks said:

2000-2001     77,441  all down hill from there. Can remember seeing over 100 deer in one day during shotgun season in early 90’s, lucky to see 75 deer in a week now.

75 deer in a week? I'm in zone 2, lucky to see 75 deer in the entire season including my trail cams!