Buck154

Pellet Grills

The only reason I went from trager to the Pitt boss was the sear feature. I’m sure tragger will follow it’s only a few slots cut in over the he fire box with a pice of plate over it

39 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Seems each brand of pellet smokers has a following like Truck brands .

tough comparing , as even the reviews don’t truelly separate them .

Agreed, I have been in the market for awhile now. Every time I think I know what I am going to get, I watch another review or someone comes out with something new. I am currently between the Campchef Woodwind Wifi with sidekick or the rec-tec 590 also wifi

Just now, allmann said:

Agreed, I have been in the market for awhile now. Every time I think I know what I am going to get, I watch another review or someone comes out with something new. I am currently between the Campchef Woodwind Wifi with sidekick or the rec-tec 590 also wifi

Or one that has had great reviews all of a sudden get a bunch of shit reviews as I decide to order one lol

yup but they all seem to get a bunch of shitty reviews. Seems to always be a lemon. That is the reason I didn't buy the campchef last night. Its a new model and a bunch of shitty reviews. Apparently they are fixing them now. They had a bad batch of augers being warped. 

9 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Or one that has had great reviews all of a sudden get a bunch of shit reviews as I decide to order one lol

3 hours ago, allmann said:

Campchef woodwind would be my choice if I didn't get a great deal on the traeger. I like the sear feature and the ash dump. Plus controls

On 5/28/2020 at 4:54 PM, Rutting Buck said:

most of them are pellet only but are able to cook between 185-700 degrees.  So its a grill and a smoker all in one

i like to see flames hitting my steak, brats, and burgers. thats a grill IMO. not some feature that allows a sear. 

19 minutes ago, gobblergetter said:

Campchef woodwind would be my choice if I didn't get a great deal on the traeger. I like the sear feature and the ash dump. Plus controls

The features make it a great all in one package.

1 minute ago, Kype said:

i like to see flames hitting my steak, brats, and burgers. thats a grill IMO. not some feature that allows a sear. 

I bet if you ate from one you would be surprised at how much you would like it.

9 minutes ago, allmann said:

The features make it a great all in one package.

I bet if you ate from one you would be surprised at how much you would like it.

willing to try. can i come over?

4 hours ago, allmann said:

I was where you are 2 years ago. I ended up buying a Traeger after reading some good things about them, and it was a lemon. After having multiple problems, I researched those specific issues with Traeger online and found they were not uncommon problems. So I took it back and went back to the drawing board.

Everything I read about Rec Tec was good, so after 2 more years of reading nothing but good reviews for the Rec Tec, a few weeks ago I took delivery of the Rec Tec RT 700. So far, so good, and right now, I have a 21.5 lbs full packer brisket on it. 

1 minute ago, Kype said:

willing to try. can i come over?

Sure can, once I figure out which one to buy. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DV1 said:

I was where you are 2 years ago. I ended up buying a Traeger after reading some good things about them, and it was a lemon. After having multiple problems, I researched those specific issues with Traeger online and found they were not uncommon problems. So I took it back and went back to the drawing board.

Everything I read about Rec Tec was good, so after 2 more years of reading nothing but good reviews for the Rec Tec, a few weeks ago I took delivery of the Rec Tec RT 700. So far, so good, and right now, I have a 21.5 lbs full packer brisket on it. 

It's a tough decision as they all have quirks, but it's just a tough decision when you have to explain why I spent so much on an extra grill/smoker when I already have one of each.

Let know how the brisket turns out

I just got a vertical Pit Boss and am a little dissapointeded in the amount of smoke it gives off. Its in surges and I think I got better results out of my old school Coleman electric smoker. Still good but not what I expected

14 hours ago, DV1 said:

sounds good. I will look into that one too

15 hours ago, allmann said:

Let know how the brisket turns out

The brisket came out pretty good. It got done sooner than my wood/charcoal smoker because the temperature was more consistent. I wrapped it before going to work this morning and it got done sooner than expected so I turned it off from my phone, while at work. That's a nice feature. Overall, I like the flavor on wood or charcoal better than the pellet grill, but the pellet grill has good flavor, and it's less smokey, which is a plus if your family prefers less smoke flavor, like mine. Pellet grill is much easier to use, and more consistent temps. 

Stuffed venison burger on my Rec Tec35d4b1c89156dad471456fa9b89d93ba.jpgfbc6d5517688da79b7297ad8498efea7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 5