IGNORED

Pellet Grills

Buck154

3 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I just had it on for 10 hrs at 250degrees, used about 1/2 of what it held.
As you increase the temp., it uses more wood. Basically the frequency of the auger pushing the pellets into the burner increases as you increase the temperature

That sounds right. 

3 minutes ago, smittty said:

What the hell would you cook on high for five hours lol just asking  that’s 600 degrees 

this is what happens when your bbq guests say they want to cook something then walk away when they are done without shutting it off. So about 5 hours and I noticed it was out of pellets. That was at 475 degrees

I’ve 

1 minute ago, Mr12gauge said:

this is what happens when your bbq guests say they want to cook something then walk away when they are done without shutting it off. So about 5 hours and I noticed it was out of pellets. That was at 475 degrees

I know mine will go to six hundred on high I’ve had it there. Just choke off the stack you can also adjjjjjust you p setting. I’ve done a brisket for 24 hrs at 180 and had pellets left

21 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

All sounds great. Real good chance I'm going to get one. 

There is another option. If you do a lot of burgers and steaks, think about getting a small Webber grill and then a pellet smoker. Pitboss makes a smoker, a vertical unit, for smoking only. Some may disagree but I personally don’t think a smoker-pellet grill can deliver 8 burgers to they way you are used to in regular BBQ. 

4 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

There is another option. If you do a lot of burgers and steaks, think about getting a small Webber grill and then a pellet smoker. Pitboss makes a smoker, a vertical unit, for smoking only. Some may disagree but I personally don’t think a smoker-pellet grill can deliver 8 burgers to they way you are used to in regular BBQ. 

I qill still have my gas grill for a while till its dead

On 5/26/2020 at 3:59 PM, Kype said:

can you only use pellets in a pellet grill or can you still use charcoal to cook something fast like a steak, brats, or burgers? 

most of them are pellet only but are able to cook between 185-700 degrees.  So its a grill and a smoker all in one

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"