IGNORED

New scope thoughts

Happy

Since I decided on the new Browning x-bolt 6.5 Creedmoor in burnt bronze.  Now looking at new scope for it.  This gun will be a long range gun so I’m looking for a scope.  I’m leaning towards a leupold vx5hd 3x15x56. What would you guys put on it? 

Leupold VX5HD is great glass and you can’t go wrong with that product line, however, that objective is way too big for most practical applications. You said that this combo is meant to be used as along range rig, what do you consider long range? A scope with that big of an objective would have to be mounted in extra high rings which presents problems to achieve good cheek weld on the stock which is essential to accurate, consistent shooting. Long range shooting, while hunting anyway, benefits from shooting prone when possible which complicates a scope having to be mounted that high even more. Leupold makes a 3-15x44 in the VX5 HD line which would probably serve you better. Light transmission is more dependent on quality of glass and coatings rather than objective size. The quality is there so no worries about the smaller objective size. Good luck with whatever you decide, enjoy the new rifle!

The vx5 with 56 will be great for low light long shots. If your target only Vortex is great. Most LR matches have tons of them. I dont think they transmit light as well as others. Nightforce it great glass and customer service. Schmidt and bender is even better. I have a Swarovski thats great out to 500yds.

Bang for your buck on a hunting rifle Leupolds are hard to beat for cost/quality. Huskemaw is another LR top contender. Lots of custom options with them

5 hours ago, Happy said:
5 hours ago, Happy said:

Since I decided on the new Browning x-bolt 6.5 Creedmoor in burnt bronze.  Now looking at new scope for it.  This gun will be a long range gun so I’m looking for a scope.  I’m leaning towards a leupold vx5hd 3x15x56. What would you guys put on it? 

Go with the Leopoldo just make sure you have the make you up a custom dial for it

7 hours ago, Happy said:

Thats the exact scope I just mounted to my xbolt, wife bought it for me this past Christmas. Just finished mounting 10 minutes ago, ordering the CDS dial on monday

1 hour ago, birdshotnj said:

Thats the exact scope I just mounted to my xbolt, wife bought it for me this past Christmas. Just finished mounting 10 minutes ago, ordering the CDS dial on monday

How you ordering a dial if you just mounted it?

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW