IGNORED

Curses! Foiled again

mazzgolf

Final day.. In the rain. I set up blind on the edge of a field... Woods to my back. Let out a call and a hen answers, clucking in on a string towing a Tom behind her.."omg... Is my plan actually going to work? A final day bird???" ... NOPE! she had no problems coming into my set... But the smartest Tom ever hung back in the woods behind me about 20 yards and sidestepped me.. Staying behind me and in the woods while the whole time she was 15 yards in the field in front of me! Behind me was private land so even if my blind windows were open, it was a no go. This bird did NOT want to come on public land! How are these stupid birds so smart?

I saw TONS of hens today after 2 weeks of no sightings.  If hens were legal, I’d have some meat in the freezer right now....

of course on my drive home, I saw three huge toms in somebody’s yard!

Well,  maybe I’ll get a bird next year...

14 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Final day.. In the rain. I set up blind on the edge of a field... Woods to my back. Let out a call and a hen answers, clucking in on a string towing a Tom behind her.."omg... Is my plan actually going to work? A final day bird???" ... NOPE! she had no problems coming into my set... But the smartest Tom ever hung back in the woods behind me about 20 yards and sidestepped me.. Staying behind me and in the woods while the whole time she was 15 yards in the field in front of me! Behind me was private land so even if my blind windows were open, it was a no go. This bird did NOT want to come on public land! How are these stupid birds so smart?

Thats why I always called them "Smartest Stupid Bird"