IGNORED

So class.....what did you learn during Spring's quarantine??!!

Bonefreak

The quarantine was nice in the fact that traffic was reduced and road scouting was easier without someone constantly on your ass, and major highways weren't as loud at daybreak.

However it also provided a little taste of what NJ turkey season would be like if there wasn't a permit quota in place. I saw more vehicles parked along the roads and encountered more hunters then ever before on my 30 plus years of turkey hunting.  It was a crazy season, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, gobblergetter said:

The quarantine was nice in the fact that traffic was reduced and road scouting was easier without someone constantly on your ass, and major highways weren't as loud at daybreak.

However it also provided a little taste of what NJ turkey season would be like if there wasn't a permit quota in place. I saw more vehicles parked along the roads and encountered more hunters then ever before on my 30 plus years of turkey hunting.  It was a crazy season, that's for sure.

Excellent point GG!

I concur!!

Thank God for the quota system....NJ just does not have the surface area for a wide open season!!

Can't see my kid in the pic....but he's yelling out to the teach....

"Too much pressure on the birds!!!"

2 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Excellent point GG!

I concur!!

Thank God for the quota system....NJ just does not have the surface area for a wide open season!!

Can't see my kid in the pic....but he's yelling out to the teach....

"Too much pressure on the birds!!!"

I concur but I dont think it was hunting pressure.  I worked a few birds that hikers or dog walkers screwed me up.  Also herd birds i didnt bother with because of people just being in the woods.  This year i saw more non hunting folks in the woods than ever.  I only ran into 2 other turkey hunters during all 5 weeks