Fred Flintstone

Food Prices Going Up. Less Shelves Being Restocked..

No food shortage here, or to come. Still good amount of venison in deep freeze, and plenty more on the hoof.

• Like 1

Had venison burgers here tonight actually - came out great.  Put some Korean Gojujiang (sp?) in the middle of each patty and I can recommend it!

I went into the local ShopRite 2 days ago and the meat cases were over-flowing. They had everything you could imagine, but it was about 10% up in price. 

More costly I see, but no shortages.  Shelves seem to be better stocked, week by week.  Why are the two woman pictured closest to the food giant fat pigs?

Tried to stop at Hot Rod's for a grill box yesterday and he said he was out due to meat shortages-hopefully will get something in today.  

If we see food shortages they will be minor and short lived. 

Reporting this video as it is profiling have two big women in front trying to get to the turkey.

No shortage of meat.  If a store doesn't want to pay extra to keep a business going that's on them.  

It's not rocket science. Supplies are there. Distributor wants to make money.   Stores wanna save money and make money.  Other than charging customers more $$ they may need to spend more.  

Shop around. Meat is there for the taking. Don't listen to the media or some dipshits on YouTube. 

57 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

Shop around. Meat is there for the taking. 

I went to another big meat cutter in Vineland last week and they were stocked up too. Cases full of pork butts, ribs and beef, had brisket on sale for $4 a pound so I got 2 full packers. :)

Only thing they were low on was chicken, and customers were limited to 10 lbs each (10 lbs of breasts and 10 lbs of thighs). ShopRite chicken case was over-loaded. Haven't seen it like that in a long time. It's like a normal stocking before a normal Memorial Day weekend. Shortage may be coming but it hasn't hit here yet.

My local ShopRite had chicken, pork, and meat, but they are limiting customers to 2 of each. This past year wasn't as good for me hunting wise as previous years so I've been making sure I have enough chicken and pork to cover our meals.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DV1 said:

I went to another big meat cutter in Vineland last week and they were stocked up too. Cases full of pork butts, ribs and beef, had brisket on sale for $4 a pound so I got 2 full packers. :)

Only thing they were low on was chicken, and customers were limited to 10 lbs each (10 lbs of breasts and 10 lbs of thighs). ShopRite chicken case was over-loaded. Haven't seen it like that in a long time. It's like a normal stocking before a normal Memorial Day weekend. Shortage may be coming but it hasn't hit here yet.

Agree. But I think if a particular store has a shortage it's not because their isn't meat.  It's because of logistics. Shipping, travel, not enough drivers, not enough trucks.  If ShopRite or acme wants meat they can have it the next day. Paying a premium is on them.  I shop at a ShopRite in Berlin and some meat prices are higher than normal. So they are putting that extra expense on the customer. It's up to the customer whether they want to pay for it.  

I don't mind the limit of 2 on the meats. I got 2 pork, 2 chicken, 2 fresh beef. I just buy the biggest package possible and split and rewrap at home.  Also bought 2 frozen meat products.  4 people here eating so it's plenty. Between that, lunch meats, dairy dept meats, etc. We Are good for a few weeks. Throw in venison and a pig I killed we are good for awhile.  

Tonight's menu is hamburger helper made with ground venison burger and then also some sweet sausage on the grill from the pig I got. 

Edited by Swamprat

I'll probably do a 14 lb packer this weekend, so it will be brisket slices and burnt ends over the weekend, then brisket tacos, Monday, brisket chili Tuesday, brisket grilled cheese Wednesday, brisket tatchos Thursday and a salad on Friday. :)

• Like 1