IGNORED

Color phase turkey

smittty

I don’t know much about turkeys but this morning I was on Middletown rd in Holmdel when a few turkeys caught my eye one was what I thought was a white or gray colored so I stop and took my binoculars out and it looked like a red checkered pigeon if anyone knows what I mean. A light gray with light reddish brown band and the other bird was normal colored. So what was I looking at

23 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Smoke phase turkey

23 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Smoke phase turkey

Are they rare I’ve never seen one. I don’t turkey hunt but it must be a trophy I would think. I will be looking for him tomorrow maybe he’ll bee closer and I can get a pic

25 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Smoke phase turkey

Yup

Smoke em if u got em!!

We have a bunch in TR. 

I don't think it's a good trait to get passed on genetically.....makes them,  offspring, n the flock more visible to predators 

We had a white doe on our club piece yrs ago....u can see her from anywhere on the property...u find her...u found the rest of the herd....probably same for smoke phase turkeys!

Just now, smittty said:

Are they rare I’ve never seen one. I don’t turkey hunt but it must be a trophy I would think. I will be looking for him tomorrow maybe he’ll bee closer and I can get a pic

not a trophy to me....more of a mutant....a lesser of a trophy....cull em out if ya can