Jump to content
Lunatic

Two new warblers in my yard

Recommended Posts

Went home for lunch and got two pictures of something new for this year. 1st pic is a blackpole warbler and and the 3rd pic I need help with. Middle shot is a American Redstart

 

IMG_8445_____2.jpg

IMG_8507____2.jpg

IMG_8625____2.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got something in the mail from the state last year about a project for the golden winged warbler as my property sits in the migration zone. Next time it’s offered I’m gonna sit in on the presentation and set it up 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Livesintrees said:

I got something in the mail from the state last year about a project for the golden winged warbler as my property sits in the migration zone. Next time it’s offered I’m gonna sit in on the presentation and set it up 

Cool looking bird I have never seen, Not very common in NJ

image.png.a4e1652bcbba429600a0e22d2c168dec.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Cool looking bird I have never seen, Not very common in NJ

image.png.a4e1652bcbba429600a0e22d2c168dec.png

After I got that invite to the presentation I started realizing what they were. I get them around this time of the year. Basically the habitat plan for them is a clear cut type situation with some lowland mix. Clear cut is beneficial for all wildlife and the state will allow it to be written into any TSI style plan. The mature forest and lack of regeneration in the state overall is affecting there migration patterns basically 

Edited by Livesintrees
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great pics!  I hope my project in Holmdel starts soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LittleM said:

Great pics!  I hope my project in Holmdel starts soon.

Take your time im not moving anytime soon:happywave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice pics!  I got good pics of 2 indigo buntings yesterday, and others.  Viewed them on the computer, put chip back in camera, took some more pics, and now they disappeared, along with others from days ago.  I can view the small file when I open the card, but can't preview a larger pic, view in camera playback, or open them in any program.  Not all the pics on the chip are doing this, just a couple dozen or so.  All the good ones of course.  Thinking the chip screwed them up somehow so programs can't read them.  Ever have this happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Nice pics!  I got good pics of 2 indigo buntings yesterday, and others.  Viewed them on the computer, put chip back in camera, took some more pics, and now they disappeared, along with others from days ago.  I can view the small file when I open the card, but can't preview a larger pic, view in camera playback, or open them in any program.  Not all the pics on the chip are doing this, just a couple dozen or so.  All the good ones of course.  Thinking the chip screwed them up somehow so programs can't read them.  Ever have this happen?

No I never had this problem

Edited by Lunatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just love technology, I had maybe 100 or so pictures on my last phone that I never thought to download. One day a random bunch just disappeared to I have no idea. Just love this crap.  My 10 year old laptop was on it's last leg and was unbelievably slow. I got pissed and got a new one. This thing is so fast that I bump something and my work is gone, or it jumps to another website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...