IGNORED

Citizens, Gym and local PD defy Murphy

DV1

I don't know if he is or was an "addict", he certainly screwed up big time either way but on this issue, he is on the right side of things and has more guts than many of the people who haven't screwed up as bad as he did. I think wishing death on him is a little extreme. And Kennedy went a little further and actually fled the scene to cover it all up, and let Mary Jo Kopechne drown in the car, so I personally don't see these accidents as the same. 

Now as for an "Alkie"...they don't come much bigger than Churchill, and yet as imperfect as he was, he was the perfect man for his time.  

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

15 minutes ago, DV1 said:

so I personally don't see these accidents as the same. 

You don't see them as the same because you agree politically with one and not with the other.  That's why I have no use for politics.  It's all the same s--- , it just comes out of different a--holes.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

45 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Got it-killing people by a "accident" because you were drunk is OK :up:  If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times in this thread.  I agree 110% that these business owners should be allowed to operate.  However, I don't believe that just because you agree with someone on a single topic that you should excuse vile and reprehensible behavior.  Ted Kennedy (a filthy addict) did the same thing as this POS but because "his people" agreed with him it was all good and he never saw a day in jail or lost anything.   That's bullshit.  

I’m not excusing anything I just don’t know enough to send this guy to the chair. I personally believe DD’s get off way too easily when they do cause fatalities. All the sentences are slaps on the wrist when they plead guilty. Only difference I have here is guy was 20. Even if he drew .01 at the hospital, he was still getting the charge. Now if blood showed something much different than minuscule .01-.04 BAL then I’m with everyone else on this, it’s not the typical 2am DWI. 

And I could careless about his views on opening the gym. I’m not excusing his actions because of his views. Personally he’s going overboard with that. Shut up and open the doors to your member. The whole media attention he’s reaching for getting quite annoying to me

Edited by Tbryant

23 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

You don't see them as the same because you agree politically with one and not with the other.  That's why I have no use for politics.  It's all the same s--- , it just comes out of different a--holes.  

No...I don't see them the same for the exact reason I posted. Remember what you said about not putting words in your mouth, well, right back at ya. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

20 hours ago, Farmshine said:

Wow guess I really derailed this topic Lol.

That was the whole point of the media bringing up his past...to derail his objective. 

Edited by DV1

yes, the only time people should be judge, jury and executioner is if a man is running away from a home under construction, then we definitely need to know all the facts, not jump to conclusions and see if he had any problems several years ago that would warrant his execution.

Alcoholics are weak minded addicts just like dopers.  They are equally worthless.  As I said before, gyms, hair salons, barbershops, tattoo shops, whatever it is, etc...at this point should be open with proper precautions.  This stuff isn't hard to do.  I just happened to catch this angle of the story.  Best of luck to this waste of space's other partners with the business, but they'd be wise to get rid of him and move on.  

1. I won’t dive too deep into this, but not all people who get drunk and make grave mistakes are alcoholics and not all alcoholics make grave mistakes.
2. Suppose this accident occurred Bc he was speeding (sober) would you feel so strong? Both instances ( speed and alcohol) are negligent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Farmshine said:

1. I won’t dive too deep into this, but not all people who get drunk and make grave mistakes are alcoholics and not all alcoholics make grave mistakes.
2. Suppose this accident occurred Bc he was speeding (sober) would you feel so strong? Both instances ( speed and alcohol) are negligent.

1.  I'm just old fashioned in my thinking I guess.  

2.  Yes I would in that case as well.  I just really hate addicts of any kind.

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Murphy handled the whole gym case poorly. A personal phone call to owner would have held off all the grand standing. Murphy allows thousands on boardwalks, but don’t workout. Hmm?? MurphUp will lose in court and gym gets free Advertising. 

On 5/22/2020 at 9:29 PM, Swamp_Yankee said:

1.  I'm just old fashioned in my thinking I guess.  

2.  Yes I would in that case as well.  I just really hate addicts of any kind.

While i also dislike addicts, we do not know that to be a fact. The guy did his time sentenced by a judge. We should be looking at choices he is making presently and not a mistake in the past. It absolutely sucks what he did and i also thinke got off easy. But we depend on our rule of law. So his choices today are to have a gym and take a stand. While again, i do not agree with his stanf on the opening either. He made a choice to break the law. Ues he needs to pay his bills. Then take a job. Take two jobs if he needs to. Is he going to make a ton of money. Probably not but it is more than zero. Why would we look at the guy who stole food from shoprite because he lost his job than the gym owner breaking the law by opening?

On 5/22/2020 at 6:01 AM, Swamp_Yankee said:

Alcoholics are weak minded addicts just like dopers.  They are equally worthless.  As I said before, gyms, hair salons, barbershops, tattoo shops, whatever it is, etc...at this point should be open with proper precautions.  This stuff isn't hard to do.  I just happened to catch this angle of the story.  Best of luck to this waste of space's other partners with the business, but they'd be wise to get rid of him and move on.  

That's little harsh don't you think? I know some who are very productive members of our society, even more so than many none drinkers I know.