Citizens, Gym and local PD defy Murphy

2 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Regardless of where you're at on the gym issue this guy is pure unadulterated scum and never should have been allowed out of prison:

https://www.nj.com/camden/2020/05/nj-gym-owner-defying-shutdown-order-faces-backlash-over-fatal-drunk-driving-crash.html

Sorry but he did a very bad thing that being said he also did his time and he’s mistake doesn’t give our governor the right to shred our constitution 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 6
4 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Regardless of where you're at on the gym issue this guy is pure unadulterated scum and never should have been allowed out of prison:

https://www.nj.com/camden/2020/05/nj-gym-owner-defying-shutdown-order-faces-backlash-over-fatal-drunk-driving-crash.html

One has nothing to do with the other,. He has made a statement about it, addressing his actions and saying he knew he was wrong.   Does not make things right, but in my opinion just some liberals trying to change the subject of the current situation and you, like many fell for it hook line and sinker.  

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, smittty said:

doesn’t give our governor the right to shred our constitution 

8 minutes ago, allmann said:

One has nothing to do with the other.

Didn't say that it did-you both put words in my mouth.  That gym and other gyms should be open right now.  So should hair salons, etc...as long as they take the proper precautions.  However, the only thing I hate worse than dopers and alkies are dopers and alkies who kill people other than themselves with their disgusting life choices.  The fact that a POS like that is still drawing breath is a travesty.  

Didn't say that it did-you both put words in my mouth.  That gym and other gyms should be open right now.  So should hair salons, etc...as long as they take the proper precautions.  However, the only thing I hate worse than dopers and alkies are dopers and alkies who kill people other than themselves with their disgusting life choices.  The fact that a POS like that is still drawing breath is a travesty.  

Wait, what’s wrong with Alkies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Farmshine said:

Wait, what’s wrong with Alkies?

Alcoholics are weak minded addicts just like dopers.  They are equally worthless.  As I said before, gyms, hair salons, barbershops, tattoo shops, whatever it is, etc...at this point should be open with proper precautions.  This stuff isn't hard to do.  I just happened to catch this angle of the story.  Best of luck to this waste of space's other partners with the business, but they'd be wise to get rid of him and move on.  

11 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Alcoholics are weak minded addicts just like dopers.  They are equally worthless.  

Tunnel vision keep the focus on yourself.

• Confused 1
20 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Alcoholics are weak minded addicts just like dopers.  They are equally worthless.

Are you a Saint?

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
2 minutes ago, LittleM said:

Are you a Saint?

Nope, far from it but there's a lot of daylight between Saints and addicts-you don't have to be one or the other.  It's always been a mystery to me why on a forum that is frequented by otherwise good, solid, gun owning, God fearing Americans, there is so much sympathy for addicts.  Every time this topic comes up the apologists come out in force about how it's "not their fault" and "they just need help..."  :shakehead:  Addicts are scum.  Addicts who kill others deserve to die themselves.  

1 minute ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Nope, far from it but there's a lot of daylight between Saints and addicts-you don't have to be one or the other.  It's always been a mystery to me why on a forum that is frequented by otherwise good, solid, gun owning, God fearing Americans, there is so much sympathy for addicts.  Every time this topic comes up the apologists come out in force about how it's "not their fault" and "they just need help..."  :shakehead:  Addicts are scum.  Addicts who kill others deserve to die themselves.  

Asked a simple question.  Your first word would have answered it.  Didn't need the sermon.  Thanks.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

"But for the grace of God goes I". Fate has a very bizarre way of opening our eyes and minds. I hope you never get touched by any of it it any way. Personally, professionally, victimized, or by any other consequences. If you were, I'm very sorry for the pain you have endured. 

• Winner 1
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

"But for the grace of God goes I". Fate has a very bizarre way of opening our eyes and minds. I hope you never get touched by any of it it any way. Personally, professionally, victimized, or by any other consequences. If you were, I'm very sorry for the pain you have endured. 

I suppose I'm lucky-the closest I ever came to being personally "touched" by an addict was a cousin of my wife's, but she is just as sensible as I am about this sort of thing so she is in agreement that the fiend would never be permitted to set foot in our house or to come anywhere near our children.  If we know he's going to be at a family gathering we make it a point not to be.  Professionally, on the other hand, I deal with this garbage constantly and it disgusts me.  

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

Which is worse thousands of people on boardwalk with no stores open or 15 to 20 people in a gym? Or hundreds of people on line at Lowe’s. 

• Agree 1

How do you know he’s a “alkie”? What he did really sucks and was a horrible choice but he was a stupid kid and kids do stupid things, hell a lot of adults still make poor choices while drinking. Doesn’t mean he’s a addict by any means and from his lifestyle choice of owning a gym it looks like he’s far from a “doper” or “alkie”!  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
8 minutes ago, Hitemnasty said:

How do you know he’s a “alkie”? What he did really sucks and was a horrible choice but he was a stupid kid and kids do stupid things, hell a lot of adults still make poor choices while drinking. Doesn’t mean he’s a addict by any means and from his lifestyle choice of owning a gym it looks like he’s far from a “doper” or “alkie”!  

I don't know if he was an addict, or just a college kid who had too many beers and then got behind the wheel, which unfortunately is not uncommon. If the latter is the case, I put him in the same category as those who do other stupid things behind the wheel and cause accidents that result in death, like texting, fall asleep, eating, doing makeup, fiddling with the radio, etc..

I don't think they deserve to die for it but this guy probably should have done more than 5 years, however, some of the stuff that has been said of him here seems a bit over the top.

• Agree 1
18 minutes ago, Hitemnasty said:

The guy came out on his Instagram saying his side of what happened. Far from an “alkie”. If what he did would consisted him an alkie, I don’t even know what category I would belong to.