DV1

Citizens, Gym and local PD defy Murphy

Maybe Murphy will have a car accident. Who drives him? 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Absolutely. If/when Murphy or the AG has the NJSP step in, you will definitely know

You don't think the Governors office could direct a municipality to write a summons? Or at, least "pressure" them? 

Edited by Hunter115522

The governor had the right to govern not the right to re- write the constitution. Now that being said as soon as people figure that out there’s gonna be a lot more small businesses opening up. Give it a week maybe not that long. 

• Agree 1

He's not worried about jail. I don't know about such things, but maybe he should be worried about his license to have this business? His livelihood. He should tread carefully … with legal advice. Nobody wants to sink this guy , but … I imagine the state can tolerate only so much intentional defiance. I don't know.

So, has anyone read the law? I haven't. Does Murphy have these powers under our state constitution?

I see that Wisconsin's state Supreme Court voided it's governors' orders … only because their state constitution states that the governor must ask the legislature to renew them after 30 days … which he didn't do. I've always read that NJ's governors are very powerful.

I feel Murphy feels embarrassed now and will make an example on his gym. He thought he was losing money before, he could lose his gym after this ordeal. I can see Murphy hitting him with fines left and right until the guy taps out.

2 minutes ago, NJ Predator said:

I feel Murphy feels embarrassed now and will make an example on his gym. He thought he was losing money before, he could lose his gym after this ordeal. I can see Murphy hitting him with fines left and right until the guy taps out.

Won’t hold up in court .

but will still cost him in legal fees to prove a point .

19 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I need my hockey rinks open up. I can not take it anymore, I even miss the smell of ice.

I don't play anymore but reading this just made me get an instant smell of fresh cut 4am ice ! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Won’t hold up in court .

but will still cost him in legal fees to prove a point .

Why do you say it wouldn't hold up in court?

I would imagine if what Murphy is doing is unconstitutional, there would have been lawsuits by the business community already. No?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Northjerseyoutdoorsman said:

I don't play anymore but reading this just made me get an instant smell of fresh cut 4am ice ! 

As soon as you walk in there it is. This is the longest time without playing for me  in 25 years.

Edited by Lunatic

We need a lot more small business owners to do what this guy is doing . If enough say F/U and open up it will send out very strong message and force his hand . The key is numbers not just one or two .

40 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

He's not worried about jail. I don't know about such things, but maybe he should be worried about his license to have this business? His livelihood. He should tread carefully … with legal advice. Nobody wants to sink this guy , but … I imagine the state can tolerate only so much intentional defiance. I don't know.

So, has anyone read the law? I haven't. Does Murphy have these powers under our state constitution?

I see that Wisconsin's state Supreme Court voided it's governors' orders … only because their state constitution states that the governor must ask the legislature to renew them after 30 days … which he didn't do. I've always read that NJ's governors are very powerful.

There is no "license" that NJ could pull from a gym.  All businesses doing business in NJ must be registered so the state can tax said business, but you don't have a true license, just a registration.  Pulling it would mean less taxes and there isn't a Democrat alive that wants less taxes........

Some big organization that looks at US drivers' habits noted yesterday that Americans are travelling a whole lot more over the last week all over the nation, clearly in defiance in many states of the arcane rules being imposed, often illegally, upon us.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunter115522 said:

You don't think the Governors office could direct a municipality to write a summons? Or at, least "pressure" them? 

This came from the County, either the Prosecutors office, or maybe the County Department of Health. Bellmawr was just forced to serve the summons, which would normally be done by the County Sheriff, but in this case, I'm sure Bellmawr was made to do this as a message so they knew the Governor/AG/County, didn't appreciate them not enforcing the EO.

I don't know if Gym's are required to be inspected by the Dept of Health each year or not, but that could be the route this goes, and it's a pretty safe bet the AG got the County Prosecutor on the line and told them to not let this go unpunished. 

2 hours ago, Jim_ said:

Why do you say it wouldn't hold up in court?

I would imagine if what Murphy is doing is unconstitutional, there would have been lawsuits by the business community already. No?

Look at the homeland security site . We are currently well outside the defined outline for his executive orders To have any true teeth .

That judge napolitano from fox said this morning there is no way that any governor can force a person or persons to to shut down there business it would never hold up in a ligit court of law. And seems to me he’s right most of the time

18 hours ago, DV1 said:

That was expected. Avoid the conflict, take the air out of the protesters (they were there to confront anyone trying to stop him from opening, so if no one comes, it was a lot of hoopla for nothing), then come back once the crowd dwindles and pen out a summons. 

I'm sure that came directly from the AG's office. Wonder what tomorrow will hold?

Exactly the tactics that the KGB would use during Eastern Bloc protests - film everything during the heat of the moment while passions are inflamed but avoid conflict.

Arrest everyone separately afterwards...