Citizens, Gym and local PD defy Murphy

Posted (edited)

For now, the gym is open and operating without a hitch. There was a decent crowd there in support of the Gym. NJSP didn't show but Bellmawr PD did, and told everyone to have a nice day.

https://6abc.com/business/supporters-gather-as-nj-gym-reopens-despite-shutdown-order/6192735/

Of course the ABC headline and story are misleading, they weren't all just members who gathered, there was a sizable number who were not members, just there to support the owners' decision, but ABC lying is not surprising.

Hopefully more follow because that is the only way we will ever get back to normal here: people are going to have to take it back, Murphy will not just give up this control. 

Edited by DV1
  • Like 7

I think Murphy and others are holding onto the shutdowns with hands out for feds to bail out their states with tens of billions each in the next 3 trillion dollar bill that pelosi put out from behind closed doors in her home.  Doubt that will get passed senate for Trumps veto.  Staying shut down is just a waist of every ones lives at this point.  Still scared of being vulnerable...stay home, scared more of losing business or job... go to work.  People can make their own decisions and take care of doing it safely without gov rule.  

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

I spoke at length just this morning about reopening with my two business partners who both live in Montana.  That state is reopened for business and the Livingston area which was barely hit still doesn't have bars or restaurants open, but Bozeman which was hit hard for that state (nothing compared to NJ/NY) is wide open.  My partner from Bozeman ate at a diner on Saturday and said it all felt normal.  I told him that won't happen here for at least several more months.   

I haven't even read up on the legality of Murphy's actions, but … I watched the man's video in DV1's link, and he is obviously stressed out over his Mom, and may be acting irrationally. He should be careful that he does not make matters worse for himself.

All of us in this little, crowded state want it to end. We got clobbered. 

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

I spoke at length just this morning about reopening with my two business partners who both live in Montana.  That state is reopened for business and the Livingston area which was barely hit still doesn't have bars or restaurants open, but Bozeman which was hit hard for that state (nothing compared to NJ/NY) is wide open.  My partner from Bozeman ate at a diner on Saturday and said it all felt normal.  I told him that won't happen here for at least several more months.   

Our friends in Texas went out for dinner at a restaurant and it was as if nothing had ever happened.  The place was packed and everyone was going about their lives as normal. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I need my hockey rinks open up. I can not take it anymore, I even miss the smell of ice.

The rink by us in Stockholm dumped all their ice outside to melt and closed the place up.  So sad.  :shakehead:

Gov. NAZI Murphy better build more prisons fast. He can hire illegal aliens to build and guard law abiding taxpaying Americans.