On 5/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, MPSR said:

There are a few in the town of Sussex by me.. This really nice weather got them into those tight shorts.. 

This is not rare to see them this time of year as they come out of hibernation..

I try to stay away from town. Closest I get is Tractor Supply :tooth:

Edited by electric10162
On 5/17/2020 at 9:49 PM, Lunatic said:

The special season was during the 6 day. 
There should be no close season on feral pigs and limiting it shows me F&G has no clue 

You can take them incidental to deer hunting with bow,shotgun,muzzle loader in deer zones 25 and 65. The only check in station years ago for them was Sportsmans Outpost in Williamstown. I've never seen 1 but i have seen the rooting they've done.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:49 PM, Lunatic said:

The special season was during the 6 day. 
There should be no close season on feral pigs and limiting it shows me F&G has no clue 

The season was (and still is) during any open deer season provided you have the deer permit for the proper zones. 

21 minutes ago, Shakyjake said:

The season was (and still is) during any open deer season provided you have the deer permit for the proper zones. 

I like to believe you but I see no evidence of it anywhere for state wide. Did you find something?

anyway, it should be open, any way, anyhow, anytime. Restricting it is just stupid 

Pray it never happens here. They are fun to hunt and then eat but I have seen with my own eyes what the di to wildlife habitat, including deer, down south. NO good

This!

I go to Ga every year to hunt them. The damage is unreal! They will eat anything they can too!

They are soooo tasty too! I’d hunt them over deer any day if I could! So much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like to believe you but I see no evidence of it anywhere for state wide. Did you find something?
anyway, it should be open, any way, anyhow, anytime. Restricting it is just stupid 

Correct

A female pig reaches sexual maturity within 7 months.

A sow can have 3 litters a year and up to a dozen piglets.

Do the math. 1 sow could have an area overrunning with pigs within 2 years.

That 1 sow if you avg 6 pigs can have 18 pigs in 1 year. That first little of 6 if 3 are female in 7 months they all can have up to a dozen piglets. Let’s average it at 6. That means in 1 year 1 pig has turned into almost 40 pigs if my math is right.

That’s 1 sow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
15 hours ago, Lunatic said:

You are correct in that it is not statewide. Just those two zones. I know I and many others pushed then Director of F&W, Dave Chanda to adopt the PA rules of okay to shoot on site, no hunting license required and year round. We obviously didn’t get through to him.