jwalsh

Food Plot/Cover Crop Seed

I did see the Sturgis video. Thats why I wanted to try it. I have a 1/2 acre that I planted winter wheat in last September. At the end of April I increased it to 1 acre and I have a mix I got from Hancock seed (oats, rye, clover, wheat) I want to plant in the fall using the throw and go method. I am putting the Buckwheat in next week as a builder.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jwalsh said:

I did see the Sturgis video. Thats why I wanted to try it. I have a 1/2 acre that I planted winter wheat in last September. At the end of April I increased it to 1 acre and I have a mix I got from Hancock seed (oats, rye, clover, wheat) I want to plant in the fall using the throw and go method. I am putting the Buckwheat in next week as a builder.

That mix will grow anywhere. With the added buckwheat method it’s fool proof. Might i suggest adding chicory and clover for the fall? It won’t do much except start setting roots and it spring will explode 

11 hours ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Old clover coming in nicely.
Seeded some clover yesterday before rain on new ground.
Powerplant going in another 1-2weeks.. waiting on temps to come up a tad more at night..
Gonna try the plot saver deer repellent this time.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Jay have you considered milorganite?

Does anyone know a place in NJ where I could buy cover crop/food plot seed. I'm thinking of things like buckwheat, winterwheat, and oats? Everything I find has to be ordered online and shipping is a killer. Looking for larger amounts 50lb bags.

Hancock Seed offers free shipping on most of their seed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk