IGNORED

Another nice morning at the mill

It’s his third day of formal training out side of the yard and his steady to shot pretty much   Once in a while if I wait to long or don’t shoot on the flush he’ll brake but holds till the shot 9 out of 10 time so he’s gonna be there after another day or two out. Also retrieving to hand. I haven’t decided how far I’m gonna go with steady I may or may not start steady to fall next week I don’t know. Not bad at 18 weeks

A60787E0-0E5A-4BB6-B7FF-BDAF5A95590A.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

Navhda or club? How are you shooting birds In May? 

Neither or. There are lots of tricks you learn overtime how to simulate a flush and falling bird and dead bird. Every good trainer has there tricks  That being said I can’t really say I’m that good so I will keep my truck up me sleeve  If your a good problem solver you can train a bird bog

19 minutes ago, smittty said:

Neither or. There are lots of tricks you learn overtime how to simulate a flush and falling bird and dead bird. Every good trainer has there tricks  That being said I can’t really say I’m that good so I will keep my truck up me sleeve  If your a good problem solver you can train a bird bog

Ha that’s one odd response! I’ve trained with some top trainers and been member of some good clubs. Never seen someone flush a bird. Shoot a bird in the air and have a dog retrieve the bird without a permit out of season. You must be a damn good trainer! 

unless you are flushing birds- shooting blanks and just have dead birds already planted or dead birds in a launcher lol. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye57 said:

Ha that’s one odd response! I’ve trained with some top trainers and been member of some good clubs. Never seen someone flush a bird. Shoot a bird in the air and have a dog retrieve the bird without a permit out of season. You must be a damn good trainer! 

unless you are flushing birds- shooting blanks and just have dead birds already planted or dead birds in a launcher lol. 

See that sir You are are a problem solver. Good job 

Yes I do use multiple. A lot of my drills call for two. For instance a young dog two birds I launchers about ten feet apart bring the dog I when he points the bird go in and pop the first one the dog will break then pop the second as soon as he breaks.  Depending on the dog it won’t take him long to figure out steady to flush. They also give a dog a lot more style believe it or not. I can go on and on. So yes if your gonna train invest in a few. The lion country supply has there own brand that are fine that’s your best value