Vaccine  

74 members have voted

1. 1. When a Covid-19 Vaccine is developed under Operation Warp Speed, will you take it?

• No, I don't take any vaccines.
    • No, I won't trust it.
    • Yes, I will take it.
    • Not sure yet.

3 hours ago, YurytheRed said:

From what I can see it's not Trump imposing his will or ideology on people nor have I heard him even mention that people will be forced to vaccinate. On the other hand,  progressive like all tyrants, just love to enforce, mandate and otherwise control people.   

Now Trump is without a doubt a bit of an egotist, granted not on par with an Obama or a Cuomo, but a psychopath, nah.  Now if your looking for a true sociopath look no further then Pelosi, Schumer or most of those who inhabit Washington, Democrat and Republican.  

Can you imagine the trouble we would be in right now if Hillary had won? Gun stores: non-essential, food: rationed, medical care: rationed, etc. The way Democrats of her stripe are conducting themselves with extreme lockdowns and such, would be applied nationwide, and Obama said as much by complaining Trump (though not by name) wasn't even pretending to be in charge. I think he is doing exactly what he should be: letting the Governors do what is best for their own States, instead of trying to be a Tyrant from the White House. 

Governors should be in charge of their State, because each state is different, and that is why we elect them locally. If we don't like what they do, we kick them out. If they violate any Constitutional protections, the Feds should step in the stop that, and have. In that respect, Trumps response to this has been perfect. 

• Agree 3

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time buying into most of it. Sure there was an outbreak and a lot of people died. There are just too many questions to which the only answers are muddled in politics. You'd think it would be an all hands on deck everybody "lets kill this thing" instead of using the "fear" for political gains or should I say "games". I won't be getting vaccinated until there is outright proof above and beyond the mishmash we are being fed today.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your input again. Please try to stick with the basic topic here. It's about people's acceptance of a vaccine. A vaccine is not effective unless people take it. Not advocating either way. Please refrain from turning it into a full blown political post. 

Edited by archer36

I'm a staunch conservative Republican.  That said, I get my flu shot every year.  The first year I blew off my shot maybe 15 years ago, I wound up flat on my back for 10 days.  Got my shot again that next year and haven't had the flu since.  I am also high risk (cancer and heart issues from cancer treatments).  I will be on line first for a corona virus vaccine.  

• Like 2

It looks like all votes are in. Since the number of responses were not statistically significant, there can be no conclusions drawn. 

If it was a valid sample, it looks like people that "would" and "might" edge out the "no"  by 55% to 45%. My hunch, since I have no other choice, is to assume that about 50% of people would take the vaccine but only after it is proved to be safe. This is in line with the Flu Shot. 

If it was the "right" 50%, it can still make a difference. 

Let's stay hopeful. 

6 minutes ago, archer36 said:

It looks like all votes are in. Since the number of responses were not statistically significant, there can be no conclusions drawn. 

If it was a valid sample, it looks like people that "would" and "might" edge out the "no"  by 55% to 45%. My hunch, since I have no other choice, is to assume that about 50% of people would take the vaccine but only after it is proved to be safe. This is in line with the Flu Shot. 

If it was the "right" 50%, it can still make a difference. 

Let's stay hopeful. 

My bet is half of those saying "no way" to a vaccine will be first in line.  There is peer pressure on forums to go with the herd.  

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

1 minute ago, Bucksnbows said:

My bet is half of those saying "no way" to a vaccine will be first in line.  There is peer pressure on forums to go with the herd.  

True. I know my Children have a big influence on things like that. When they say "get the vaccine or you can't see the Grandchildren", it changes your mind. LOL

• Like 1

I'm probably in for the vaccine being high risk.
When the virus came it was new and the Dr's. didn't know what to look for.
Now you can get Kawasaki disease and blue extremities due to clotting.

I am not a fan of many of todays physicians and there outlook. Remember back in the day when there was chicken pock parties? Todays physician would be in horror of the thought yet feel nothing in prescribing steroids and antibiotics like candy. Bodies must develop resistance and strong immune system. Nothing is worse than relying on scripts to take care of everything and vaccines are never flawless IMO. I voted not sure only because I keep sn open mind but at the same time wouldn’t jump on a rushed vaccine 

• Agree 1

At least Nomad was honest. Every person that is anti government hand outs- jumped all over thier COVID hand out. If the gov threw some $ in with the vaccine most of the moralist "no way" people would get the vaccine. But the governent wont need to. As mentioned, they will mandate via children going to school and such.

Im not an antivaxxer but I would be nervous taking an untested drug. 

• Agree 1

At least Nomad was honest. Every person that is anti government hand outs- jumped all over thier COVID hand out. If the gov threw some $ in with the vaccine most of the moralist "no way" people would get the vaccine. But the governent wont need to. As mentioned, they will mandate via children going to school and such.

100% agreed. My trust in all the players in this virus is very low. I don’t trust the government or the ultra rich. Something just stinks of conspiracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Farmshine said:

100% agreed. My trust in all the players in this virus is very low. I don’t trust the government or the ultra rich. Something just stinks of conspiracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of those people are involved with coming up with our manufacturing any future vaccines.  

20 hours ago, Hawkeye57 said:

Untested?  You do understand the concept of clinical trials on multiple levels, don't you?  Guess not.  Can you name one major vaccine introduced broadly in the last decade or two that was later found to be "dangerous"?  Go ahead, we'll wait.....

:rofl: