IGNORED

May 16th, 2020 Check In

BHC

2 minutes ago, BHC said:

Congratulations on a beautiful turkey 

Thank you. My son in law and I have heard and seen a lot of Turkeys this past season. One more week of fun. The weather was great this morning. It was actually warm, finally. 

Well, today was my last chance to bag a gobbler in Zone 14.  No luck. Was hitting Medford WMA hard all season.  They were gobbling a lot early in the season.  I figured out the section of the property they frequented.  Got one shot off at one in Week B, but didn’t hit it.  Then they shut the hell up!  My first season trying to hunt has been frustrating to say the least! But I’ve had some fun, and I’ve still got one week to get my first bird in Zone 16.  My fingers are still crossed!

Edited by wrmink

Took an 11 year old out today to try to fill his permit.   Was dead quiet at sunrise with not a single gobble.  Fired one up at about 8:30 and talked to him for quite  a while but could not get him to commit.  I’d estimate that he came in to about 60-70 yds but never got a look at him.  Woods were pretty thick so trying to reposition would’ve been tough with more than one hunter.  Had I been alone I think I could’ve headed down the ridge and called in him from another direction.  We did try to reposition and call from another direction but the wind kicked up pretty good and it was quiet after that.    Get em next year!

5 hours ago, wrmink said:

Well, today was my last chance to bag a gobbler in Zone 14.  No luck. Was hitting Medford WMA hard all season.  They were gobbling a lot early in the season.  I figured out the section of the property they frequented.  Got one shot off at one in Week B, but didn’t hit it.  Then they shut the hell up!

Similar situation, but in Zone 8. Unfortunately I’m done for the season 

It was definitely fun and I’m already looking spring. 

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Member

NWTF Member