IGNORED

Mating Yelps

nickmarch

7 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Ol girl got some rhythm & doesn’t miss a beat!!

So much for the theory to not over call.  

I've always called to the extent that others would say that I over call but I'm successful!

I started feeding them the other day due to the lack of acorns.  I'll feed them throughout the winter.   I add garlic and Cheyenne pepper to keep the deer from eating it.  I also add minerals and fat.  

Great post Nickmarch. Story. I was hunting with a buddy one time. He is a very good turkey hunter but rarely do we go out together. This one day he wanted to show us some country where he was hitting some birds so me and my brother went out with him. As we walked he made calls periodically(typical where we hunt. cover lots of ground). We hit this one spot and after every call he dug through his vest for another striker ( mind you none of his calls sounded all that good) after like the 5th striker I looked at my brother and said what the "F" is he doing. Well dont you know it on like the 6th striker this bird sounds off right out in front of us. He made not a peep at the first 5 strikers. I would have long continued walking if I was alone. Me and my brother still laugh about that hunt.

2 hours ago, nickmarch said:

So much for the theory to not over call.  

I've always called to the extent that others would say that I over call but I'm successful!

I started feeding them the other day due to the lack of acorns.  I'll feed them throughout the winter.   I add garlic and Cheyenne pepper to keep the deer from eating it.  I also add minerals and fat.  

So much for over calling is right. Wow.

Edited by mikejd