IGNORED

Need help starting unmounted Merc 2-stroke

barrike

Last year I repowered my boat.  Now I am selling the old motor, a 2006 Mercury 50hp 2-stroke with remote controls.  A guy is coming next week to see it, but naturally, he wants to see it start and run for a few minutes.  I have all of the controls, but can't seem to figure out how to get it to turn over.  I connected a water hose.  I connected a battery.   The trim switch works when the battery is connected.  I connected the wiring harness, but when I turn the key, nothing happens.  No click.  Nothing.  What am i missing?  Is there a kill switch?  What should I look for?  There are several other wires/connectors coming out of the wiring harness, but I have no idea what they would connect to.  Is there some kind of testing harness for this sort of thing?  If so, does anybody have one that I could borrow?  Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Booner said:

It could be the man overboard pull switch. You have the keyset? Did it have it when it was on your boat before repower?

That's what I was thinking.  I have everything from when it was mounted, but can't figure out where it would connect to.  Yes.  It had it before.  Here is the harness and kill switch.

20200515_182715_resized.thumb.jpg.b8e1cd04ec2a87434b0b933d0c468f18.jpg20200515_182728_resized.thumb.jpg.bbb7473eea0296673b027c71be1a64fc.jpg

1 minute ago, barrike said:

Yes.  Black + black/ yellow stripe

Jump it with a wire with alligator clips. Also Engine neutral switch needs to know if it's in neutral. Another switch that needs to be bypassed.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Jump it with a wire with alligator clips. Also Engine neutral switch needs to know if it's in neutral. Another switch that needs to be bypassed.

Ok.  which one is that?

If you winterized it your plugs may not be fully seated and/or connected

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."