Bonefreak

Paver patio maintenance??

Stone dust to level the sunken spots. Rubber mallet to pound it all back it. Forget sweeping sand and stone dust into the cracks. Next time use polymeric sand. Activate with water. Weed problems are gone. 

• Like 1

Sometimes frost and thaw raise and lower pavers.......basically all I do is round up the weeds and its been 12 + years........once you start power washing and sealing then its maintenance for life.......and the cast aluminum patio set is indestructible......

6 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

Stone dust to level the sunken spots. Rubber mallet to pound it all back it. Forget sweeping sand and stone dust into the cracks. Next time use polymeric sand. Activate with water. Weed problems are gone. 

I think I did use polymeric sand last time. 

13 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Thanks 3B!!

Surprisingly....full sun hits this area!!

The beauty of pavers is you can repair subgrade problems and when you are done it looks like there never was any issues. When subgrade fails under regular pavement, concrete or asphalt, its a major problem and you end up with a patch.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

came out pretty good!!

Power washed,  scraped out old polymeric sand and moss....fixed crooked pavers near step, broomed in some new polymeric sand and sprayed a paver sealer on it...

20200515_165721.thumb.jpg.7849dae389773b319e0f7b1f42f691dd.jpg

Edited by Bonefreak
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

came out pretty good!!

Power washed,  scraped out old polymeric sand and moss....fixed crooked pavers near step, broomed in some new polymeric sand and sprayed a paver sealer on it...

20200515_165721.thumb.jpg.7849dae389773b319e0f7b1f42f691dd.jpg

Nice job! you should get lucky tonight 😋

• Haha 2

Looks great.  How did you get the pavers out?? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tuck said:

Looks great.  How did you get the pavers out?? 

Screwdriver and a small chisel. 

Came out easier than I thought!

Got 1 out...n took out the rest in that line.....could see how the sand had washed out underneath, and there was some black soil n a few worms!  Removed that stuff and filled in with paver sand. 

I think I'm guna try to do a small 5x3 paver area that is at base of steps to back patio. 

15895936171116542647990575149972.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Screwdriver and a small chisel. 

:up:

23 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Came out easier than I thought!

Yep, once you get one out the rest are easy.

• Like 1

If sand washed out and you saw black dirt and worms, I would say the installer to easy way out and little to no base before installation. That's why it's done right the first time and it cost more.  BTW, great looking repair and hope it stays for awhile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerzguy2 said:

If sand washed out and you saw black dirt and worms, I would say the installer to easy way out and little to no base before installation. That's why it's done right the first time and it cost more.  BTW, great looking repair and hope it stays for awhile.

Thanks Jerz!

Job is 15 yrs old and has held up pretty good....installer was very proud of his work and said he would come back for free n fix any sunken in stones....so....i cud have called him back....figured I would just do it...

And spot where had some topsoil infiltration is adjacent to a raised flower bed....so maybe it crept in that way. 

• Like 1