Hunter115522

Zuppa di Clams & Shrimp

We try to eat as healthy as possible, so 9 out of 10 nights it's venison or chicken. Felt like having seafood tonight. This was delicious! I did 18 clams and 1lb of shrimp for me and the wife. I'd definitely use less of both next time, this was too much. What I pretty much did was sauté garlic in EVOO. Added green onions, red pepper flakes, and cherry tomatoes. Added 1/2 stick of butter. Let cook for 10-15 min, being carful not to burn the garlic. I added 2 cups of wine, 1 fresh lemon worth of juice, onion&garlic powder, S&P, and about 1/2 cup of chick broth made with the powdered bouillon. I added a little more butter as I went. Let the broth simmer for about another 20 min. I added the clams, the shrimp, fresh parsley, and oregano. When the clams are open, they and the shrimp are done. I sprinkled a little spicy old bay on top of everything, and then I proceeded to eat like a pig. Give this one a try guys, it's delicious. 

20200512_191028.jpg

• Like 14
  • Winner 4

zuppa di clams one of my favorites .....looks great

• Like 1

Son of a b***h, that looks awesome.  Now I'm craving it.

Going striper fishing tomorrow,  maybe throw together similar 

• Like 1

That looks awesome! Could be photo for high end restaurant menu. 

3 hours ago, Hunter115522 said:

We try to eat as healthy as possible, so 9 out of 10 nights it's venison or chicken. Felt like having seafood tonight. This was delicious! I did 18 clams and 1lb of shrimp for me and the wife. I'd definitely use less of both next time, this was too much. What I pretty much did was sauté garlic in EVOO. Added green onions, red pepper flakes, and cherry tomatoes. Added 1/2 stick of butter. Let cook for 10-15 min, being carful not to burn the garlic. I added 2 cups of wine, 1 fresh lemon worth of juice, onion&garlic powder, S&P, and about 1/2 cup of chick broth made with the powdered bouillon. I added a little more butter as I went. Let the broth simmer for about another 20 min. I added the clams, the shrimp, fresh parsley, and oregano. When the clams are open, they and the shrimp are done. I sprinkled a little spicy old bay on top of everything, and then I proceeded to eat like a pig. Give this one a try guys, it's delicious. 

20200512_191028.jpg

That looks great!

My special treat is Calamari or Shrimp Fra Diavolo, but I'm going to copy your dish and give it a try, looks delicious.