LPJR

JUST DOUBLED W/JR! *Pics + Video added*

memories for a lifetime. congrats and enjoy!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This NEVER gets old! It has been a tough season. Between work, predators, other factors beyond our control it has been tough but fun as always. Had a weird feeling all day knowing this was my only day this week I could take Jr out as it's my last day off this set. Had several opportunities recently but decided to pass because i wanted to give my son the opportunity to be with me..

We got settled in the blind at 1645 sharp. Did some light calling, very light. 30 minutes later, Christopher says "Dad, hen coming at 40 yards pineapple." Code word since he was a toddler in the woods hunting with me for "totally serious", here comes a lone hen searching for the other. No Toms trailing. It goes to other side of the farm and disappears until it circles back 15 minutes later at 80 yards from us and disappears again. 

We are talking about the season, the amount of foxes around, calling lightly etc and about 40 minutes later Jr says "Dad red head at 60 yards, pineapple " Zero gobbles happening, he says another bird is with him. He is on the Ulti-Mag set up on the Field Pod ready and I see them appear out the left window. Looking for the source of the hen, they are inspecting everything in sight. The second one appears to be a jake and I tell Jr to get ready as the gobbler is all his. When they came into view of the decoy together, I said quietly, 1, 2, BOOOM! Just like last year, we planned that on "3" we both squeeze the triggers together. 

BOTH birds were down instantly.  Almost identical to last years hunt when we dropped two gobblers simultaneously. When I asked Jr how the kick was from the 3.5" Winchester, he says What kick?!?

High fives were flying. Took some pics and he reminded me these are the 1st birds we took together with his truck. I had him pull it up to take some pics, all good stuff. 

Would not trade these times for anything....

20200511_185716.jpg

20200511_182833.jpg

20200511_190020.jpg

20200511_183139.jpg

20200511_185940.jpg

20200511_184002.jpg

20200511_184029.jpg

20200511_184328.jpg

20200511_184333.jpg

20200511_185809.jpg

20200511_170550.jpg

Resized_20200511_183908.jpeg

Edited by LPJR
  • Like 23
  • Winner 7

Awesome congrats

• Like 1

congrats to you both

• Like 1

Way to go guys. Great pictures and story. Any predators try stealing them this year? Lol

• Haha 1

That’s awesome, congrats to you both

• Like 1

i vote this the best turkey post of the year. 

• Like 1

way to go boys!  that is incredible!!!!     Move over Gobblergetter, new sheriff in town!

• Haha 1

Way to go guys congrats 

• Like 1

That's incredible...that GG left you guys 2 Tom's. Awesome memories made!

• Haha 1