IGNORED

Sentencing of Kids Who Tortured Deer in Pa.

Gut shoot a deer and don’t find it. What will be a reasonable effort to find it in the eyes of a court? Did you practice enough?  A dangerous path in a world that hunters are the minority. 

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

14 minutes ago, CJ3a said:

Gut shoot a deer and don’t find it. What will be a reasonable effort to find it in the eyes of a court? Did you practice enough?  A dangerous path in a world that hunters are the minority. 

WTF are you talking about? Apples to Oranges. Did you see the video? If I remember correctly, the one kid is related, either to a chief of police or someone involved with the courts. I'm not sure which. The courts should've made examples of these jerk offs, instead of the misdemeanors they should've been charged with the felonies. 15 years loss of license isn't enough, should've been lifetime.

25 minutes ago, CJ3a said:

I know you mean well but that is some tinfoil hat wearing thoughts. HUge difference between BEATING an injured deer and losing a deer after you tried to find it. Courts should be involved in cases like this and we hunters should be screaming for stricter sentance!

* 2 years probation

* 200 hours of community service

* Must be available to the game commission to speak at hunting safety courses, schools. and youth groups.

* Hunting license was also revoked for 15 years (won't be able to hunt anywhere legally until he is 33 years old)

I'd say that is a just punishment. He was 18 (the other kid 17 - no info on him because he's a minor) - young and stupid. Don't need to hang them for this at that young age - that's a good deal of punishment for what they did. When he's 33, I'm thinking he will be mature enough to handle a hunting license and will have learned his lesson.

Edited by mazzgolf

12 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

He was 18 (the other kid 17 - no info on him because he's a minor) - young and stupid.

Guess we hung with/know different types of people. You watched the video and thought to yourself "just dumb kids?"

15 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

* 2 years probation

* 200 hours of community service

* Must be available to the game commission to speak at hunting safety courses, schools. and youth groups.

* Hunting license was also revoked for 15 years (won't be able to hunt anywhere legally until he is 33 years old)

I'd say that is a just punishment. He was 18 (the other kid 17 - no info on him because he's a minor) - young and stupid. Don't need to hang them for this at that young age - that's a good deal of punishment for what they did. When he's 33, I'm thinking he will be mature enough to handle a hunting license and will have learned his lesson.

Yea they're just young kids that didn't know any better. I guess when you're 17 and 18 you don't know that it's evil to torture animals. Jeffrey Dahmer and other serial killers thought it was ok to torture animals too, I guess they just didn't know any better.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

Guess we hung with/know different types of people. You watched the video and thought to yourself "just dumb kids?"

15 years loss of license, 2 years probation, 200 hours of community service (that's full time work for over a month), must talk at youth groups and hunter safety courses when requested). That's a lot of punishment for not knowing how to deliver a coup-de-grace after wounding a deer while hunting, and then going way too far to impress each other how "cool" they are. (I don't believe they woke up that morning and said to each other, "let's go Jeffrey Dalmer a deer and torture it" - I think they went hunting, wounded a deer, and didn't know how to put it down properly, and like stupid teenagers often do, egged each other on to do something dumb).

If this was a guy in his 30s or 40s, OK, we need to go harsher because he would know better - but 18? I would never say I was a prince at 18 - I did some stupid things and there but for the grace of God...

17 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

think they went hunting, wounded a deer, and didn't know how to put it down properly, and like stupid teenagers ofte

One of the following must be true:

you didn’t see the video

you are a sociopath

you are related to one of the kids. 

No way these idiots thought to themselves “oh man I wounded this deer. I better film myself punching and kicking it in order to kill it”