IGNORED

Opinions on Dodge eco diesel

Booner

I love mine. Had it almost 2yrs and put on 42k miles with no issues. It was a 2017 I bought as a leftover. Some people have issues with them but I gather the bulk of them haven’t had a diesel before and don’t know what to expect or how to take care of it. Lots of whiners and complainers on every EcoDiesel group I’m in but I attribute it to guys who have issues being much more vocal. Mine is GDE Hot Tuned which made a world of difference as far as acceleration and mileage. I’m not sure what your options are now that the EPA has cracked down on aftermarket tuners. 

I should be working ... there's always tomorrow

8 hours ago, Booner said:

Thinking of getting a Dodge 1500 with the eco diesel. Anyone have one or any experience with them? Appreciate it

For the difference in the price of the fuel , it’s a hard sell when adding the price of the engine .

standard 1500 gets almost as good MPG

and the 8 cyl hemi engine will outlast the body of the truck .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

My opinion on new diesels of any kind is don't bother.  The last good light duty diesels were were the International 7.3L and the Cummins 12V.  Modern diesels are nothing but an expensive headache.  We plan to have diesel phased out of our  light and medium duty fleet at work by 2025.  DEF, catalytic converters, regen, etc...garbage.  Meanwhile we have a 2002 F350 with a 7.3L that could probably go another 100K miles easy if the body and frame weren't completely shot from 17 years of plowing and salt.  My personal truck is a 2012 F250 with a 6.2L gas and I couldn't be happier.  If you're set on Dodge just go with the most powerful gas option.  In the last 20 years it seems like gas engines have gotten better and better (longer oil change, spark plug intervals, engines that last 250-300K miles)  and diesels have gone backwards.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

I had 7.3 Diesel engine on my 02 it was probably the last good Diesel engine out there.   I have now a 6.7 it’s a good motor but has a lot of issues and a pain to fix.  I won’t get another diesel probably a gas one next time.  Remember it cost a lot just to do a oil change 15 quarts.

I have an F350 diesel now and dont really see any advantages to having a diesel......sure lots of power when plowing  but other than that ??........next truck will probably be back to gas........but that $82,000.00 truck sure did look nice.........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

For whatever it’s worth , I had a leased ‘15 1500 with the 5.7 and the 8 speed automatic . On the highway I’d get 25-27 mpg . The truck was really freakin quick too . It’s all in the final gearing . My buddy had a 15 1500 also and his was stupid fast off the line comparably to mine but he would struggle to get 20-21 on the highway. His was an outdoorsman which came with a higher numerical gear ratio than my big horn . 

another buddy had a 16? Eco diesel and he ended up having a lot of issues and ended up getting out of his truck completely . I’d have to ask him the issues and the true final outcome .