IGNORED

Rose Breasted Grosbeak pics

very nice - I am risking my fence and started feeding them again this year.  My favorite bird.  I have 2 females and 4-5 males (possibly more but that is casual observation).    I have sunflower and saffflower seeds right off my deck for them they are very close.   Just hope a bear doesn't ruin it as they always do. They generally feed heavily here then have young, and once they can fly by mid July they head north. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

6 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

very nice - I am risking my fence and started feeding them again this year.  My favorite bird.  I have 2 females and 4-5 males (possibly more but that is casual observation).    I have sunflower and saffflower seeds right off my deck for them they are very close.   Just hope a bear doesn't ruin it as they always do. They generally feed heavily here then have young, and once they can fly by mid July they head north. 

I didn't start seeing them until a few years ago.  Didn't know we had such a beautiful bird in NJ until then.   Found two good spots to see them now.

22 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I didn't start seeing them until a few years ago.  Didn't know we had such a beautiful bird in NJ until then.   Found two good spots to see them now.

That’s a rare sighting in my area. In 30 years I had then in my are only twice, two consecutive years they cane to the feeder during spring migration. When I saw it I could not believe my eyes, they are beautiful 

Some great photographers and ornithologist on this site! 

Ive got a nest at my house. I dont know much about birds but after sending some pics to my brothers it seems like either a cowbird or house sparrow egg placed in a phoebe nest. 

They had said the cowbird / house sparrow will probably end up killing the phoebe chicks. 

Screenshot_20200511-072816_Video Player.jpg

31 minutes ago, Scotty155 said:

cowbird or house sparrow egg placed in a phoebe nest.

Brown-headed Cowbird.  For years I had Eastern Phoebes nest above my front door beneath the covered porch.  Cowbirds killed the hatched Phoebes for many years so that they no longer nest there.  I kill as many cowbirds as I can.

2 hours ago, LittleM said:

354216637_Rose-breastedGrosbeak.thumb.JPG.45f0da728072b926f6fe0091fe643d00.JPG

Every year this time they come to our feeders.  We've had up to 7 males and 5-6 females.  They stay for a few weeks and most move on.  I believe a pair stays to nest as I see then sporadically throughout the summer.

Nice pic, m

I just started keeping track of the birds I  see this year........31 so far , but they are of course the easy ones......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE