IGNORED

Sandy Hook to open May 9

Tuck

3 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Not in the summer. After the season they open the tip but for now it’s off limits but the parking lot was never closed

The article in this thread says the north lot will remain closed.    That is where I usually park.   I have been fishing there for 30 years in May and June.  I park in the north lot and walk to the beach and fish.  I've been there when they have the upper beach roped off, but they allow you to walk the water line to the tip.  Other times they don't even let you walk the water line.  I have never been there after June or in the fall.

Edited by Nomad

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

The article in this thread says the north lot will remain closed.    That is where I usually park.   I have been fishing there for 30 years in May and June.  I park in the north lot and walk to the beach and fish.  I've been there when they have the upper beach roped off, but they allow you to walk the water line to the tip.  Other times they don't even let you walk the water line.  I have never been there after June or in the fall.

Ok, that’s what I was talking about, upper beach roped off. 
well it makes no sense having that lot closed

the only thing I can think of is that with sandy hook closed, piping plover nested on the beach where you usually fish and now they can not disturb them 

if you go in and tell them you going bird watching and parking at that parking lot they let you in for free. I’ll let you know next week

Edited by Lunatic

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Ok, that’s what I was talking about, upper beach roped off. 
well it makes no sense having that lot closed

the only thing I can think of is that with sandy hook closed, piping plover nested on the beach where you usually fish and now they can not disturb them 

if you go in and tell them you going bird watching and parking at that parking lot they let you in for free. I’ll let you know next week

It's free all the time if you are fishing.  Just tell them at the gate and there is no fee.  If you want to fish at night you have to buy a permit.