IGNORED

This is cool as hell!

06roadking

7 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Hmmmm. 

Interesting indeed King!

Couldn't imagine why it would want to search out 1 centimeter sized insects when there are turkey nests to raid....but thats why they been around for millions of years!!

I will read article n forward to my predator pal!!!

I’m not sure if they seek out ticks or just eat the ones that get on them. Either way, it’s a toss up. They are getting eggs, no doubt, but also eating ticks. My turkey population is the best it’s ever been so, right now I gotta go with the ticks...

I was only able to get the audio sound not the video

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

3 hours ago, 06roadking said:

I’m not sure if they seek out ticks or just eat the ones that get on them. Either way, it’s a toss up. They are getting eggs, no doubt, but also eating ticks. My turkey population is the best it’s ever been so, right now I gotta go with the ticks...

As cool as it was to observe nature at its finest like that.....n as emotionally hard as it wud have been to drop a WMD on em.....n maybe mess up the morning hunt w a shotgun blast...we do not do our due diligence to keep predators in check....especially since trapper #s are down. 

I probably would have been in awe too and let them pass as well....but if turkey #s are a priority....n if I was managing my property w aggressive predator control...boom!

Your turkey #s may seem best ever....but that may not be the future w all those possums skulkin round.

My pal has a 50 acre farm and has 3rd generation quail....as well as a good turkey flock...n a cottontail heaven....but he has also killed 150 possum and countless fox, coons, n skunks last yr. When is the last time any of us heard a bobwhite whistle??!!

NWTF states habitat is more critical than predator control, but in NJ, all quality controls for good game populations are exacerbated due to us being the most densely populated state in the nation. 

In any event.....it is amazing what we see while afield....n your video is really neat how a momma possum cares for its young!!

12 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

As cool as it was to observe nature at its finest like that.....n as emotionally hard as it wud have been to drop a WMD on em.....n maybe mess up the morning hunt w a shotgun blast...we do not do our due diligence to keep predators in check....especially since trapper #s are down. 

I probably would have been in awe too and let them pass as well....but if turkey #s are a priority....n if I was managing my property w aggressive predator control...boom!

Your turkey #s may seem best ever....but that may not be the future w all those possums skulkin round.

My pal has a 50 acre farm and has 3rd generation quail....as well as a good turkey flock...n a cottontail heaven....but he has also killed 150 possum and countless fox, coons, n skunks last yr. When is the last time any of us heard a bobwhite whistle??!!

NWTF states habitat is more critical than predator control, but in NJ, all quality controls for good game populations are exacerbated due to us being the most densely populated state in the nation. 

In any event.....it is amazing what we see while afield....n your video is really neat how a momma possum cares for its young!!

Well, I did kill 11 coyotes and 7 fox off that property this past winter so, I’m working on it! 

2 hours ago, 06roadking said:

Well, I did kill 11 coyotes and 7 fox off that property this past winter so, I’m working on it! 

Outstanding!!

Atta boy King!!

I remember seeing the posts!!

Reminded me of a Terminator sent here from the future to handle those toothy bastuds!!

Terminator1984movieposter.jpg

• 2 weeks later...