IGNORED

Comparing Two Leafy Camo Suits

BHC

I have in the past purchased the leafy camo suite from Dick's Sporting Goods, it's very lightweight, mesh like keeps the bugs out but I still spray it down, after time it will tear and sells for about $60.00,it works and never had a issue being picked off by turkeys.

It was time for a new one, and last week I saw a post by Buckseye from a company called North Mountain Gear out of Allenwood, PA. So for $80.00 Free shipping and fast, I decided to jump on it and purchased it, I just got it  today of course with a post office screw up!!!

The North Mountain Gear suite looks much better, very much 3Dish, looks realistic, it's lightweight but nowhere as lightweight as the one from Dick's Sporting Goods, North Mountain Gear is well made and solid. 

SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing only 1 lb - This 2 peice leafy hunting suit is full of great features and comes with its own storage / carrying bag.

JACKET: Full-Front Zipper -Two Front Slash Pockets with Zippered Closure - Elastic Cuffs and Waist - Attached Hood with Adjustable Drawstrings.

PANTS: 2 large zipper pockets - KNEE LENGTH ZIPPERS make these pants extremely easy to put on and take off without having to take off your hunting boots. Elastic Waist with Drawstring - Elastic Ankles.

WICKED WOODS CAMOUFLAGE: Completely eliminate your human silhouette and blend into your surroundings. This suit has twice the amount of leafy material compared to most suits on the market.

This leafy suit has a very forgiving fit.

You can wear it with light base layers all the way up to heavy cold gear.

Here are some pictures of both leafy camo suits to compare...Also take not....North Mountain Gear you can't see my hand, the one from Dick's Sporting Goods you can.

Also take into account the one from Dick's Sporting Goods is a few years old with alot of use and has been washed

Buckseye, thanks for sharing your purchase last week !!!

Resized_20200430_143332.jpeg

Resized_20200430_143307.jpeg

Resized_20200430_143701.jpeg

Resized_20200430_143419.jpeg

Resized_20200430_143056.jpeg

Resized_20200430_143104 (1).jpeg

Wore the new leafy camo on two hunts,  I must say I like it alot....made excellent,  camo has worked great, both hunts had birds near me without them even seeing me, quiet,  lightweight,  durable.  One negative is the leaves get caught in the zipper, but it happens with all leafy suits.

For the price, and quality i highly recommend  it !!!

Looks pretty close to the 2 pairs I got from cabelas 3-4 years ago.  Was going to use my amazon gift card on that suit since cabelas doesn't carry much anymore, if any, but they were out of stock.  Can never have too many ghil suits.  I don't care for the suits that just have a couple rows of leaves, like the dicks suit.

27269481076_b7deffca26_h.jpgIMG_0826ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr