IGNORED

Once Again The Post Office Screws Up !!!

BHC

I was expecting a package in today's mail....At 1340 hrs I get a text from the Post Office, the package in delivered placed in mail box...I go outside maybe 5 mins later, open the mailbox just regular mail no package. I checked under my cars, and truck, side of house, on porch....nothing found!!! I called the local Post Office they took the tracking number and said the same Delivered at 1340 hrs left at mailbox. this phone was at 1355 hrs., the lady said well then you need to come in and put in a claim....What, you screwed up not me, mail in mailbox is still part of the post office possession....she still said it's your problem come fill out the forms.......Calling the 800# is waste of time.....My mail came 2 hrs early today, so I know it's not the regular postal worker

Ha, Ha. I had a similar situation yesterday. I got a notification from Amazon that a package was delivered. I looked outside and didn't see it. I checked the info again. It said "in mailbox". I check mine and all my neighbors and nothing. I come inside and check again, my Wife mailed it directly to my Son's house in VA. I'm getting old. LOL

2 minutes ago, BHC said:

So I was about to leave to go to the post office when the local post office called and said they found it, it was delivered to a different house, different street but same number as me....they are delivering it now 

Maybe once a year I get someone else's mail. Sometimes it's a nearby house, sometimes a different place completely. I guess when you handle millions of things a day sh-t happens. 

Edited by archer36

I get other peoples mail often, not packages though.  Sometimes they come back with the truck after the letters were delivered to drop off a package.  It took 2 months, 3 visits by me, 3 by my daughter in law, and finally I got my mail delivered to me instead of my sons house after my daughter in law walked in with her uniform on.  They sent a package back that came across country once and would have sent it back again if she had not walked in.  Had to fix all my accounts because they were also sending change of address notices to everyone.   

Edited by Greybeard

9 minutes ago, BHC said:

So I was about to leave to go to the post office when the local post office called and said they found it, it was delivered to a different house, different street but same number as me....they are delivering it now 

That just happened to me two weeks ago.  50 pound bag of dog food from PetSmart delivered to a different street, same house number. Those people never checked where it was left … sat outside in the rain for days. lol  Finally they called me

PetSmart sent out a new bag … no questions asked. :up:

USPS and its workers are a freaking joke. I routinely get my neighbors mail, they almost never close the box when it's raining out so all my stuff is soaking wet, and for awhile after my ex left the house, they were forwarding my mail to her new residence.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk