IGNORED

4/29 Check-In

Swamp_Yankee

Our only action so far has been what looked like a coyote scattering deer in the field and a fox that was charging straight for us until he realized we were there :grrr:. Too many predators around this year...  Not a gobble heard.

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

1 hour ago, Njpddet said:

Zone 4 and there is a gobbling fool on the other property next to us. Can’t seem to turn him around as he is walking further away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's following a hen.  You gotta convince her to come your way.  Piss her off. You just need to tell her to calm down and that will infuriate her.  Lol. 

sound like a hen,he may come

I did. Took awhile. An angry hen came in followed by a jake. He saw my Avian Tom over a DSD breeding hen and skirted so wide that I had no ethical shot. I later watched three jakes react the same way. No shots either. Maybe just hens out next time.

3 minutes ago, Njpddet said:

I did. Took awhile. An angry hen came in followed by a jake. He saw my Avian Tom over a DSD breeding hen and skirted so wide that I had no ethical shot. I later watched three jakes react the same way. No shots either. Maybe just hens out next time.

Yeah Jake's are getting their ass kicked right now. They will be a lil scared. Agree just put the hen out. Good luck.