Posted (edited)

Moving forward, what will you guys do in response to articles like this?

I'm going to get a second deep freezer before the season starts and now see the wisdom of my cousin turning an entire deer into hot dogs last year!

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/supermarket-meat-fewer-cuts-higher-prices-coronavirus-analysts-say

Edited by Michael Britt

As America gets back to work, some of these issues will be very short lived.  That said, my buddy is a butcher for Shop Rite and his chain just brought in 4X their normal meat buy to horde for a time as they see shortages coming and wanted to make sure their customers wouldn't be impacted.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

As America gets back to work, some of these issues will be very short lived.  That said, my buddy is a butcher for Shop Rite and his chain just brought in 4X their normal meat buy to horde for a time as they see shortages coming and wanted to make sure their customers wouldn't be impacted.  

That's good to hear.

These news stories about disruptions have been running all week. I'm sure the panic buying will notch up. 

• Agree 2

My buddy had a very good deer season, his 2 freezers are packed with venison, also some pheasant and fish.  

He is set for the rest of 2020.

4 minutes ago, Dominant buck said:

My buddy had a very good deer season, his 2 freezers are packed with venison, also some pheasant and fish.  

He is set for the rest of 2020.

We need his name and address and a phone number would be helpful also cause we'd like to be his buddies too ! :happywave:

I'm good when I run out, I know where to get more:up:

• Winner 1

I live in the country, theres always something walking thru the yard lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 2

FAKE NEWS! I just checked my freezers and found deer, elk, antelope, moose, bear, pheasant and duck. This is a myth started by vegan leftists! :rofl:

I suspect the workers are wanting a bump in pay and are ready to hold America hostage and can use the virus as an excuse.......( but hey what do I know , just a theory )..........

I've been putting 7 deer every year for the past 10 years in my freezer for us to last from September to September.

If this BS continues life will keep going here I got 20 deer in my little orchard every evening

Enough meat in my freezers to go 2 years .

chamber sealer keeps it as fresh as the day it was put on ice .

5 hours ago, Michael Britt said:

Moving forward, what will you guys do in response to articles like this?

I'm going to get a second deep freezer before the season starts and now see the wisdom of my cousin turning an entire deer into hot dogs last year!

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/supermarket-meat-fewer-cuts-higher-prices-coronavirus-analysts-say

Gives me an excuse to buy another $20 griller box from Hot Rod's :up:

One  more thing hunters don't have to worry about.  If worst case scenario i go fishing more .i have meat to get though till fall . Price of chick is getting higher.