gregtpal

problem beaver removal

Anyone know the process?  I dont think it's trapping season & they are flooding my friends yard.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

Anyone know the process?  I dont think it's trapping season & they are flooding my friends yard.

What body of water is your friend adjacent to that they are damming?  A stream that runs through his property, borders his property, etc...?  How large of a property?

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

The Division can issue a depredation permit in many cases.  The growing number of beavers has the Fish and Game Council looking to expand permits and quotas.  Of course their fur is useless now and a depredation permit requires you to destroy the animal and not keep it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

What body of water is your friend adjacent to that they are damming?  A stream that runs through his property, borders his property, etc...?  How large of a property?

He has about 8 acres...they are damming a very small stream that runs along his border & that is flooding the back of his property

Really hard to get a kill permit now unless they are causing structural damage or a public hazard

• Like 1

Shoot shovel shush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like this route.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2020 at 9:47 AM, Bucksnbows said:

The Division can issue a depredation permit in many cases.  The growing number of beavers has the Fish and Game Council looking to expand permits and quotas.  Of course their fur is useless now and a depredation permit requires you to destroy the animal and not keep it.

Murphy vetoed the legislation allowing the expansion of permits last year.

KIMG0058.thumb.JPG.cecd82bcec560293c9aab8dbb096b856.JPG

Edited by Bucndoe