IGNORED

Iowa outfitter

tcook8296

Thanks. Im going to book a hunt for next year. I have 3 points now, I will buy another next week that will give me 4 for the draw next year. I should be good for a bow tag

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

8 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

Anyone have a number for straight arrow oufitters. Cant seem to find one online. 

Steve is good friend of mine, watches over my farm when I’m not there and hunts a couple of the farms that border mine. The 2449 # is his cell, it’s planting season and he works like a machine so it might take a few calls to get a hold of him this time of year. I believe his minimum is 140 but he cares more about age so 120 5 year old can be shot but you might  have to pass 150-160 3-4 year olds. 

• 1 month later...

You can try fountain outfitting, a lot of land in zone 5 and 6 but it’s more of a diy hunt. Shows you the boundaries and the rest is up to you, everyone ive talked to that has hunted with Paul has had only good things to say. Steve’s away right now but I can reach out to him when he gets back if you want.

5 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

Any other recommendations. 

I tried contacting Straight Arrow Outfitters several times by phone and text. The guy never called me back. 

Thanks MFoster. I was going to say it doesn't sound like him to not return calls whether he has an open ing or not. I know his hunts are very limited. At least they used to be.

• 5 months later...

Tom - this one is HIGHLY recommended by a friend of mine...  Southwest Iowa Outfitters. 

https://southwestiowaoutfitters.com/

His first time there, he was seeing giants every sit but saw an opportunity for a climber  and sealed deal on a 214". 

They are about the best, are not cheap but you get what you pay for.  They are also usually booked out 2 years in advance but with Covid who knows - worth looking into 

432271A5-36C9-4C63-B096-F19CBD035531.jpeg

FD2A4B88-41F2-4A45-A7E1-D5B5EA141CF4.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

50 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Tom - this one is HIGHLY recommended by a friend of mine...  Southwest Iowa Outfitters. 

His first time there, he was seeing giants every sit but saw an opportunity for a climber  and sealed deal on a 214". 

They are about the best, are not cheap but you get what you pay for.  They are also usually booked out 2 years in advance but with Covid who knows - worth looking into 

Was that that your friends brothers cousin's nephews wife that shot that? or sister brothers dads friends cousins wife?

4 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

They're booking for 2024!

Incredible bucks!