IGNORED

4/25. Gobbler day reports

Bones

36 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

N hour or so they will be back looking.

Well you nailed it just had another group of three almost an hour later as you said! (Just joking, i know what you meant)  milk crates and all.  Here they are walking off..unreal pressure out here . This is making it tough to stick it out,  not gonna lie.

Screenshot_20200425-105043_Gallery.jpg

1 minute ago, Scotty155 said:

Well you nailed it just had another group of three almost an hour later as you said! (Just joking, i know what you meant)  milk crates and all.  Here they are walking off..unreal pressure out here . This is making it tough to stick it out,  not gonna lie.

Screenshot_20200425-105043_Gallery.jpg

Ypu can move n try to find one or sit tight.  I dont like waiting for silent birds rather them gobbling coming in.  I found even heavily hunted land turkeys will come back.  I think they do what they want when they feel like it. Lol

Just had a gobbler behind me...called at him got response...than either a hen or another Hunter clucks at him he responds...i cut of the other call and we start cutting each other off with the gobbler responding every time...one minute he's getting close to me next hes farther away...goes on for 1/2....now this old guy with a cane comes walking along the field so I make a call and he looks see my decoys and clucks at them...and keeps coming...get within 50yrds and realizes I'm nestled between the trees takes out a camera and takes 2 pics...turns into the woods and continues his walk.... unbelievable.

Update:

Here is the guy an hour later coming out of the woods 11:45...I unloaded the 870 made him jump so he waves and hightailed it out of there!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

c2bc4b2f95aabcc5e28ae2c0e1ab039a.jpg1e4b9a5b2a6bb5e15f39fd0443379473.jpg

Wound up with not even a so much as a peep. Good part is we saw no other hunters on public. We  did a mile down a dirt road turned around went back and set the decoys up in a small clearing 50 yards off the road where there was scratch marks. Saw no fresh sign from after the rains yesterday till this am when we got there.

Had a jake (Jacob my daughter call them) come in behind us quiet then gobbled once 15 yards from us. Scared all of us and the blind must have looked like a bounce house as we were trying to get ready put down their tablets and headphones kick the bucket they are supposed to sit on etc. needless to say he didn’t stay long. 
we left there and went to public wma only 2 other trucks for thousands of acres we spent the rest of the day waking and doing quick setups blind calling. Really just having a good time. Never came across another person in the 2 hours we were there no fields though all woods.

we saw a giant rat snake with my daughter almost stepped on we’re still laughing over her screaming and running frantically. It was a great day.

07D26989-BB0C-4DD4-AC54-647566A9E7C5.jpeg

F8B81A46-C9EC-4737-B3BB-13E4130E44AA.jpeg

Well I had one of those days today. Left early to be sure I got where I wanted public ground. About 5 miles down the road hear an awful slapping noise under the truck. Thought now what muffler strap or something fell off? Look under the truck. Nothing.  Walk around and found one of those rubber bungees and S hooks embedded into my rear driver's side tire! How does a blunt end S hook penetrate like that? I pulled it out (yeah should have cut it) thinking it might not have gone all the way in and added fix a flat. Figured I'll go to the Wawa another 5 miles away. Fill air. No dice. Spitting lots of air. Go back home and get the wife's truck. Made it where I wanted 15 mins before sunrise. Did not hear or see a turkey including some scouting of a a couple fields. Zone 20.

9 hours ago, Scotty155 said:

Topped off the day with two golden retrievers and thier handlers walking up on me in the brush!! WMAs are nuts right now!!!!!

Wmas are hit or miss by me 

if there are well maintained roads through it you get the dog walkers and joggers, but the bigger ones that are over grown are empty.