IGNORED

Is our President blowing it?

Pathman

I think he should always remember that he stands at these briefings facing some of the true enemies of our day. Certainly his biggest enemies. He should act and speak from a very guarded position. It wouldn’t hurt if he cherry picked the reporters like King Cuomo and Murphy do. 

56 minutes ago, DV1 said:

Yeah, because the media reported it as though Trump told people to ingest it. He didn't say that, the media did.

Once again. its the media.

If someone is getting their news from the bigmouthed nobodies like FOX's Sean Hannity or MSNBC' Joy Read, or whoever … they shouldn't even be voting. 

It's Trump's own words … injecting it. Trump is the President. There are people who think Trump is brilliant. When he says mindlessly stupid things, people believe him. When he tells his ridiculously obvious false lies, people believe him. He's our "leader."

Inject disinfectant …. these people put two and two together … maybe snorting some Lysol would work?  So, Lysol had no choice but to issue a warning against injection, ingestion, etc

And what's going on now? I don't know. This morning Trump said he was taken out of context. But, this afternoon he changed it to it was sarcasm. Who does he thinks he's fooling?

A whole bunch of weird circumstances came together in 2016 to give that narrow victory. He's done nothing to broaden his base. He's as divisive as ever.  Acts like a buffoon, his stupid threats, etc. IMO … his handling of the coronavirus crises has sealed his fate. (Unless the Biden campaign does something really stupid like selecting an America-hating progressive or otherwise completely unqualified V.P.)  Be thankful that Bernie Sanders isn't the democratic nominee.

MAN! … I wish something would happen, and Mike Pence assumes the Presidency.

2 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

If someone is getting their news from the bigmouthed nobodies like FOX's Sean Hannity or MSNBC' Joy Read, or whoever … they shouldn't even be voting. 

It's Trump's own words … injecting it. Trump is the President. There are people who think Trump is brilliant. When he says mindlessly stupid things, people believe him. When he tells his ridiculously obvious false lies, people believe him. He's our "leader."

Inject disinfectant …. these people put two and two together … maybe snorting some Lysol would work?  So, Lysol had no choice but to issue a warning against injection, ingestion, etc

And what's going on now? I don't know. This morning Trump said he was taken out of context. But, this afternoon he changed it to it was sarcasm. Who does he thinks he's fooling?

A whole bunch of weird circumstances came together in 2016 to give that narrow victory. He's done nothing to broaden his base. He's as divisive as ever.  Acts like a buffoon, his stupid threats, etc. IMO … his handling of the coronavirus crises has sealed his fate. (Unless the Biden campaign does something really stupid like selecting an America-hating progressive or otherwise completely unqualified V.P.)  Be thankful that Bernie Sanders isn't the democratic nominee.

The CDC also made an announcement about not taking lysol/clorox. 

You ask "Who does he think he is fooling." The same roughly 40% that he has fooled for four years now. That dude is scary that his brain actually works in   a way to even come up with these stupid things that come out of his mouth.

One poster earlier stated- I thought it was good that trump was thinking outside the box. LOL. So as you can see it is not just trump that thinks crazy shit but some of that 40% think exactly the same way. I would tend to guess a tide pod may have been eaten a time or two in those households as well.  

The mere fact that there are people that would actually do it because someone said to inject disinfectant to cure a virus.  Wich was obviously not meant in terms of lysol or bleach shows that hope is lost.  Like those that took chloroquine for fish tanks. 

I'm a firm believer in removing the warning labels like do not use hair dryer in the bath tub.  Let Darwin sort them out

51 minutes ago, birdshotnj said:

I agree. I'm a big Trump supporter, but speaking is probably his weakest attribute, so when he's on every single day for hours, it just doesn't bode well. That being said, I don't think its affecting the election in any way. This election is almost a lock as far as I'm concerned.

Locked or not I think its already decided. No one is changing their mind anymore,. IMO

6 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

The CDC also made an announcement about not taking lysol/clorox. 

You ask "Who does he think he is fooling." The same roughly 40% that he has fooled for four years now. That dude is scary that his brain actually works in   a way to even come up with these stupid things that come out of his mouth.

One poster earlier stated- I thought it was good that trump was thinking outside the box. LOL. So as you can see it is not just trump that thinks crazy shit but some of that 40% think exactly the same way. I would tend to guess a tide pod may have been eaten a time or two in those households as well.  

If you only knew how scare you are to most f us. :shock::shock:

4 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

I don't watch many of the opinion programs on cable news, hardly ever. I did catch the briefing on Fox though because the other channels will not air them. What they do instead is hold a nightly "news" show that is akin to a Democrat Party campaign press release, and I know that because I watch the actual briefing, and then what they tell you about it. They will not show the public what he says, only how they interpret, or what they want you to think about what he said. If you watch both, that becomes clear. 

What also becomes clear is nearly every  reporter in the room is trying to cause conflicts between him and his team, or cast everything he and they say in a negative light. I have seen it, I have seen even Fauci get very frustrated that Johnathan Karl of ABC news, and others, continue to put words in his mouth that he did not say, to report a conflict between Trump and the experts that does not exist. 

Any time he is optimistic, or says things to try and raise spirits, they attack it, and report it as a negative. They want people to feel negative and depressed so Biden's chances are improved, and I believe it's working.  If you watch the briefing (which I suspect you don't because you hate him) you would see how drastically different what they report he says or means is from what he actually said or meant. 

That's not to say his ramblings aren't sometimes painful to watch, but they are usually grossly misrepresented by the media during their version of what happened at the briefing. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Locked or not I think its already decided. No one is changing their mind anymore,. IMO

I agree that very few will make a change from what they plan on voting today come november, That does not bode well for trump since he was trailing biden by 9% in latest polls. I know polls are not accurate -look at 2016. People were not willing to admit they were going to vote for trump in 2016 and as a result the margin of error was much greater than what was used in the polls in 2016. I think the polls will be a little more accurate this time around.

5 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Why, because I don't belong to the cult? I can watch trumps own words and actions- don't need anything to be reported to know I stand by my pov on the guy.

Because your example shows how pure but relentless propaganda can effect people ability to think.

24 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

You know what is great about America...you and Jim can both vote for Biden and let the modern Democratic, quasi-communist Party take the Country to a place it may never recover from. After a time like this, where people are being conditioned to accept oppression from the Government in the name of the "collective good", and rely on a determined income from the Government for who knows how long, you might not like what you have 10 years from now.  

Do you really think if the Democrats were in charge, there would be any urgency to re-open? When things do re-open, with the modern Democratic Party in charge, do you really think all your civil liberties, and Constitutional rights will come back to the level they were in January 2020?

Do you think their tax and regulation policy would allow businesses to once again flourish and expand, like we are going to need to climb out of a depression?

Do you think you will have the option for private health insurance? 

Do you think you will have the same freedoms to choose what you eat/drink , what you use to heat your home, power your car, what kind of firearm you can own, etc., 5 or 6 years from now?

Just curious if you've looked passed what happens once you get your wish and Trump is gone...what did you replace him with, that's all. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

3 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Because your example shows how pure but relentless propaganda can effect people ability to think.

WHAT? I said I watch trumps own words and actions to form my pov. And you respond about propaganda? I would tend to believe you are being led around by the nose by hannity's propaganda since you recite him with every reply.